Contribute
Register

Is my hardware compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Complete noob with hackintosh builds but i love the work that everyone does here. Would my build be good for it?

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming m3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Intel - 530 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Case: Fractal Design - Define R6 Black TG ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB

Edit: Above has been edited to show the correct parts.

Last edited:
Your hardware looks fine, although you are mixing RAM of two different speeds which might cause instability problems, at the very least the faster Patriot RAM will slow down to match the speed of the GSkill. You will want to do a search on your motherboard model as someone may have already created a guide you can follow.

Your hardware looks fine, although you are mixing RAM of two different speeds which might cause instability problems, at the very least the faster Patriot RAM will slow down to match the speed of the GSkill. You will want to do a search on your motherboard model as someone may have already created a guide you can follow.

Thank you for the really quick reply. That's grand news! I'll dive around the forums and guides to see where to get started. :)

Edit: Wait. I just noticed that this is the wrong build I was referencing :(. I no longer have some of these parts. I've updated it with the parts

Updated with the correct parts

Hey guys! Complete noob with hackintosh builds but i love the work that everyone does here. Would my build be good for it?

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming m3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Intel - 530 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Case: Fractal Design - Define R6 Black TG ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB

Edit: Above has been edited to show the correct parts.

This build should work with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra. Another poster has addressed you about the possible RAM problems but if you want to use them they should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back