Contribute
Register

Is my Hackintosh Running at 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flipped the fan so they are both facing the same way ... I'm not sure if im going <-[ <-[ or [-> [-> back into the case now tho lol... but the problem hasn't changed so I don't think that is it.

Hmm I guess i'll try to do some research of find ppl using corsair on a hackintosh.

Well, that sucks.
As long as you are sure that both fans are blowing in the same direction, preferably exhausting out of the case, leave them that way. You seem to have multiple issues going on but those radiator fans MUST blow the same direction or you will have no heat removal from the liquid going through the radiator. Maybe it's time to check into another cooling setup, as you said.

One thing you might try is to shut the computer down for awhile to let the coolant dissipate some of the built up heat. You might even consider going back into the bios on reboot and changing the fan settings again, just to double check, now that the fans are producing airflow through the radiator.

okay so the plot thickens lol ... I got the crosair utility to work in vmware and it sees the device and I updated the firmware for it ... still over heating and in the utility it is flashing red ... I'm starting to think crosair is not a good hackintosh cooling solution!

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 6.52.12 PM.jpg

Yea , mine def doesn't look like the guy in the other hackintosh's thread either lol

http://grab.by/lV7a

Yeah , I guess i'll just have to buy another liquid cooling solution. this one must be busted. Damn ... thanks alot for your help tho appreciate it

I have the same cooler. Its working great in Mackintosh. Yours is showing signs that the pump is not ,well,pumping. Either dead or not plugged in the power source :)

Yeah , I guess i'll just have to buy another liquid cooling solution. this one must be busted. Damn ... thanks alot for your help tho appreciate it

Always a bad deal to buy something only to find out there are issues with it.
If you don't NEED liquid cooling, save yourself some bucks (and potential headaches) and get a decent air HSF. You don't need liquid unless you are considering a significant overclock or just wanting the cool factor. After years of jacking with all kinds of different items that I could mod, I have finally decided that the Keep It Simple solution has the fewest headaches.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I noticed you are using the stock cooling paste. I removed my paste with isopropyl alcohol. And used Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound but any good thermal paste will do ie Arctic Silver etc). http://www.arcticsilver.com/intel_application_method.html
The stock thermal compound is only good for 1 application.
Oh and by the way I am using a Corsair H100 water cooler with a push / pull fan configuration on my radiator.

I have the same cooler. Its working great in Mackintosh. Yours is showing signs that the pump is not ,well,pumping. Either dead or not plugged in the power source :)

Thinking its dead ... it lights up fine and in the control utility via vmware I can change the colours (only fun part of today lol) ... so I think its dead or the thermal paste. Going to try some new thermal paste like AppleIIGuy recommended and if no luck, well time to find another solution!

I agree it would be better to scale back and avoid the headache ... after doing all this though I got the over clock bug and I use it to record my band so the quieter aspect is appealing.

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it and a great community you got here! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back