Contribute
Register

Is my Hackintosh Running at 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like you have started to make some progress, sort of.
You first reseated the cpu and had improved results but still have a problem with heat.
Yes, we are only looking for temp change improvements with the bios fan setting adjustment. Did you notice any difference at all between pre bios fan setting change and after the bios change was made?

I have read that if a pump is plugged into a mobo header and the fan settings are restricted with temps (smart fan), it can affect the speed at which the pump runs. Again, IDK if this is a valid possibility or not but it was an easy check compared to what you are going through. If you saw no change with the bios fan settings, you should be able to set them back like they were.

With the improvement that you saw after reseating the heatsink, but before the bios fan setting change, it appears that is likely where the problem is. A pump failure would likely have resulted in the same temps (almost immediately) without any improvement. If you went to 100c in 60 seconds initially and it now takes 5 minutes after the heatsink reseat, I would probably focus on the heatsink install (again) since that did show the best signs of improvement.
I am not trying to be insulting but sometimes it's the easy stuff that gets overlooked- both radiator fans are blowing in the same direction (push/pull), yes?

Well, it looks like you have started to make some progress, sort of.
You first reseated the cpu and had improved results but still have a problem with heat.
Yes, we are only looking for temp change improvements with the bios fan setting adjustment. Did you notice any difference at all between pre bios fan setting change and after the bios change was made?

I have read that if a pump is plugged into a mobo header and the fan settings are restricted with temps (smart fan), it can affect the speed at which the pump runs. Again, IDK if this is a valid possibility or not but it was an easy check compared to what you are going through. If you saw no change with the bios fan settings, you should be able to set them back like they were.

With the improvement that you saw after reseating the heatsink, but before the bios fan setting change, it appears that is likely where the problem is. A pump failure would likely have resulted in the same temps (almost immediately) without any improvement. If you went to 100c in 60 seconds initially and it now takes 5 minutes after the heatsink reseat, I would probably focus on the heatsink install (again) since that did show the best signs of improvement.
I am not trying to be insulting but sometimes it's the easy stuff that gets overlooked- both radiator fans are blowing in the same direction (push/pull), yes?

Yea, I'm not sure if I have made any progress, I guess we know its def the cpu cooler now though. I think it probably always starts cool and slowly warms up and the cpu gets throttled. Because I know whenever I start my comp it seems much faster and slowly starts to lag. This is pretty much the trajectory ...

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.33.27 PM.png

Yeah no changes with the bios fan settings, So I put it back, thanks for the idea though, I'm willing to try anything. Is there a way I can check to see if my crosshair cooling system is faulty? It's funny when the guy built it for me he said the first one he opened up was broken and leaking, and claimed its very rare to get a faulty one. Just my luck ,maybe me and crosshair aren't meant to be lol...

No worries, I'll try anything. So I feel air being pushed out of the back of the computer by the rear fan ... but I also feel inside the case as if air is being pushed into the case from the other fan as well <- [] -> like that ...

should I just keep playing with the placement of the attachment. Does any of those pics with the thermal paste look off? I wish tehre was a way I could find out if the actual pump and crosshair unit itsself is faulty or not.

Thanks again!

Also, not sure if this is standard or not but I just took off the cross hair unit again to try and figure out better placement and the bottom of it is extremely hot. the copper/metal part (i tried to avoid touching the paste stuff) ... not sure if that's normal or not

Also, not sure if this is standard or not but I just took off the cross hair unit again to try and figure out better placement and the bottom of it is extremely hot. the copper/metal part (i tried to avoid touching the paste stuff) ... not sure if that's normal or not

When you buy a processor it comes with a fan, do you still have yours ?

When you buy a processor it comes with a fan, do you still have yours ?

No unfortunately, a guy custom built it for me off craigs list and I just got it as is :(

I wonder if I run it using vmware if I can get the info using the utility? I'm trying to reset it and I guess I will try that .... Gonna search around to see if anyone has a hack using the Corsair H100 properly too.

No worries, I'll try anything. So I feel air being pushed out of the back of the computer by the rear fan ... but I also feel inside the case as if air is being pushed into the case from the other fan as well <- [] -> like that ...

If the fans are operating as you say, that is your problem.

The fan between the radiator and the case is blowing out of the case. The fan in front of the radiator is blowing inside the case- correct? You are currently experiencing <-[ ]-> while it needs to be <-[ <-[.
The airflow through the radiator will be extremely restricted if the fans are opposing each other as shown.

Flip the front fan around to make it PUSH air through the radiator. I bet that will fix your problem.

The fan between the radiator and the case is blowing out of the case. The fan in front of the radiator is blowing inside the case- correct? You are currently experiencing <-[ ]-> while it needs to be <-[ <-[.
The airflow through the radiator will be extremely restricted if the fans are opposing each other as shown.

Flip the front fan around to make it PUSH air through the radiator. I bet that will fix your problem.

Okay awesome going to try that ... It might not be correct maybe I'm just feeling the air flow wrong but im gonna double check :D

I reset the unit again and it made a slight improvement but still something wrong. the spike is when I ran geekbench and it shot right up.

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 6.20.53 PM.png

I flipped the fan so they are both facing the same way ... I'm not sure if im going <-[ <-[ or [-> [-> back into the case now tho lol... but the problem hasn't changed so I don't think that is it.

Hmm I guess i'll try to do some research of find ppl using corsair on a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back