Contribute
Register

Is my Hackintosh Running at 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that point, did you reset the BIOS settings before installing OS X or did you leave it as it came? That can make a huge difference.

From: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.
  1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS
  7. Save and exit.

Thank you for the reply! Does this mean I will have to flash the bios and start over ? OR can I do this post install to try and get the turbo boost, speedstep right?

Btw my mother board is MSI ! Thanks :D

None of this stuff should mean that you have to flash the BIOS...
Turbo boost & power management are mostly handled by the OS. Make sure that you have power management (turbo boost, speedstep, etc.) enabled in the BIOS. You may want to see here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Cheers!

That makes sense ! I don't think installed HW monitor during post install unless it was done automatically. Can I do this now or is it too late? Do I use that multi beast tool to install it?

(sorry I am a bit new to this world but catch on quick!) Thanks for all your help!!

Did you post install using multibeast? If so, you can open multibeast from your thumb drive and go ahead and install it. DO NOT click on the Quick Start tab in multibeast. Go to drivers tab>Misc- click on Fake SMC plugins and Fake SMC HW Monitor application ONLY. Then go to build tab and install. Reboot and you should see HWMonitor in your Launchpad icon on your dock.

On that point, did you reset the BIOS settings before installing OS X or did you leave it as it came? That can make a huge difference.

From: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.
  1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS
  7. Save and exit.

I did reset and do all those steps under the MSI instructions. But my bios looked a bit different than the one in the picture and I'm not sure I did them all right. I made sure VT-d was disabled, but couldn't find some of the others on there.

Did you post install using multibeast? If so, you can open multibeast from your thumb drive and go ahead and install it. DO NOT click on the Quick Start tab in multibeast. Go to drivers tab>Misc- click on Fake SMC plugins and Fake SMC HW Monitor application ONLY. Then go to build tab and install. Reboot and you should see HWMonitor in your Launchpad icon on your dock.

Okay great, trying that now. Yes I did the post install using multibeast but not sure I did it right / isntalled the right things and I am pretty sure when I first ran it i did quick start tab :( ... Does that kill the whole thing? Installing the other apps now and doing those tests you suggested

also, do I need to boot it from the thumb drive to run multi beast? Previously I just installed using multibeast while logged into Yosemite ?
Thanks for your help

NOT GOOD! I'm getting pop ups saying im way over heated while running HW monitor!? I tried pushing the cpu since I saw that to run those tests ... The guy that built it for me put a liquid cooler on so there's no reason it should be over heating. Red alert lol?

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 3.39.40 PM.png

Okay great, trying that now. Yes I did the post install using multibeast but not sure I did it right / isntalled the right things and I am pretty sure when I first ran it i did quick start tab :( ... Does that kill the whole thing? Installing the other apps now and doing those tests you suggested

also, do I need to boot it from the thumb drive to run multi beast? Previously I just installed using multibeast while logged into Yosemite ?
Thanks for your help

You do not need to boot from the thumb drive. After OS X is booted, plug in your thumb drive and open Multibeast.

On initial install, you did it right. You are only adding the plugins to your functional install with the directions I gave you. You are not wanting to reinstall anything, just adding to what has already been installed.

Oops- I see you already handled it. It is fairly apparent that your cpu is throttling from heat and that you have no speedstep function. I suggest you try to reseat your cpu cooler. Are you overlocked in the bios?

Not overclocked in the bios by my design ... so does that mean he didn't install it properly and my cpu is running way to hot ?

Thank you guys so much for your help! I've built PCs before but this is a new world to me. This is what the cpu cooler looks like ...

It shouldn't be over heating eh ?

IMG_0437.jpg

Weird my CPU jumped to 2.50ghz just now after I opened the case...

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 3.53.15 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back