Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7-OP
CPU
I7-8700 3.2GHZ
Graphics
Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX 1060
Hey guys , I just built a custo hackintosh and it's running great but seems to get really laggy at times compared to my macbook pro and my macbook pro has a slower processor ? If I was to list my specs and geek bench score would you be able to tell me if it's running properly at full capacity ? Or what would the best way to go about achieving this? It's stable and working fine, just not as snappy as I think it should be.

Thanks!

If I was to list my specs and geek bench score would you be able to tell me if it's running properly at full capacity ?

Nobody can help if you don't.

Please read the Rules.

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

My apologies for not reading the rules first!

I've updated my profile and did geek bench here

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2034106

It just seems like chrome isn't snappy and gets maxed out. I should also note I use VMware fusion alot and mix audio so I do process intensive things with it. But even with nothing running it doesn't have that snap my macbook pro does and lags up from time to time.

Does it look normal ? I bought the build off someone locally so maybe they used "meh" parts ... it's about a year old.

Thanks so much!!

Chrome seems to be the thing lagging it? but it works fine on my macbook pro ... but even opening Spotify my cpu maxes out and hits the top red. On the macbook pro it never has those crazy spikes all the way up ... you can see the cpu get used more but its gradual and declines proper and doesn't lag ... I get alot of big spikes with this build. Thanks again :D

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 2.58.21 PM.png

Your Geekbench score seems incredibly low. With an i7 and 16gb of ram, I'd think you'd be well over 10000.

Did you buy your Hack as it currently is (with the OS installed), or did you install OS X yourself?

Did you install HW Monitor during the post install?

If so, open hardware monitor and then run something to stress the cpu. You will see all cores show up and the speeds/temps at which they are running. When I did my first hackintosh, mine was running all 4 cores but only at 1.6GHz- I couldn't run my cpu at full speed due to speed stepping issues.
Kinda seems as if that is what you are experiencing from looking at the benchmark results you provided.

You may not be running your CPU @ its full capacity due to your SMBIOS, as that determines what steppings and multipliers you get from your CPU. On the topic of CPUs, make sure power management is working and right (turbo boost, speedstep?)

Cheers!

Your Geekbench score seems incredibly low. With an i7 and 16gb of ram, I'd think you'd be well over 10000.

Did you buy your Hack as it currently is (with the OS installed), or did you install OS X yourself?

OMG ! I Thought something was wrong ... I did the install myself. It came installed with WIN 7 on one drive and HACK on the other ... I erased them both and did a new hack install last week. I mean it seems functional and doesn't crash or get hung up w/ the beach ball, boots fine and quick and my virtual machines load up fine ... it just seems like its lagging or something. Somethings not right.

Did you install HW Monitor during the post install?

If so, open hardware monitor and then run something to stress the cpu. You will see all cores show up and the speeds/temps at which they are running. When I did my first hackintosh, mine was running all 4 cores but only at 1.6GHz- I couldn't run my cpu at full speed due to speed stepping issues.
Kinda seems as if that is what you are experiencing from looking at the benchmark results you provided.

That makes sense ! I don't think installed HW monitor during post install unless it was done automatically. Can I do this now or is it too late? Do I use that multi beast tool to install it?

(sorry I am a bit new to this world but catch on quick!) Thanks for all your help!!

You may not be running your CPU @ its full capacity due to your SMBIOS, as that determines what steppings and multipliers you get from your CPU. On the topic of CPUs, make sure power management is working and right (turbo boost, speedstep?)

Cheers!

Thank you for the reply! Does this mean I will have to flash the bios and start over ? OR can I do this post install to try and get the turbo boost, speedstep right?

Btw my mother board is MSI ! Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back