Contribute
Register

Is my Desktop Compatible for any Hackintosh OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel D945GCL
CPU
Intel Pentium E5700
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

This is my first post in the forums, and I'm entirely new to Hackintoshes so please bear with me.

I recently revived my old desktop PC and wanted to turn it into a Hackintosh. But I wanted to post here first with the specs to see if it was going to be possible at all. I've got a CS background, and if there's any possibility of running any version of OS X starting from Snow Leopard, please let me know... even if it involves some slight to heavy tweaking I'm willing to undertake the effort. I need to first know if there will be any major roadblocks given my hardware.

And if the hardware won't support it at all natively, can you please advice with OS X build is going to be the most performant as a VM (taking into consideration my hardware specs again)?

Here are my specs -

CPU - Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700 3.0 GHz. x64 CPU with VT/x
Motherboard - Intel D945GCL
Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 8800GT
RAM - 4GB DDR2
Sound - Intel Built-In Adapter
Wifi - External USB Wifi Adapter by TP-Link (TN-WN727N)

Any assistance towards my Hackintosh journey would be super appreciated.

Thank you.

It should be working fine, especially because of the 8800GT, the CPU despite being a Pentium is of the Wolfdale generation, as are the C2D E8x00 CPUs. So you should be fine. Motherboard is a bit old, might not have the AHCI mode that is insisted upon into the installation guides, you'll have to see how that works.

Thank you for all the information. I ended up going through with the Hackintoshing and got everything working thankfully. It was hard getting my Display working natively and I had to go for some EDID Injection but after that was taken care of everything started working smoothly.

The motherboard did not support AHCI as you predicted, but I did not have any issues at all. I had to patch my copy of Mavericks to install on an MBR formatted HDD though, since my motherboard and BIOS only support booting up from an MBR drive.

Thank you again for the information. If anyone wants to Hackintosh on specs similar to mine, I'd be happy to give some pointers!

#Clover4Lyf :D

Thank you for all the information. I ended up going through with the Hackintoshing and got everything working thankfully. It was hard getting my Display working natively and I had to go for some EDID Injection but after that was taken care of everything started working smoothly.

The motherboard did not support AHCI as you predicted, but I did not have any issues at all. I had to patch my copy of Mavericks to install on an MBR formatted HDD though, since my motherboard and BIOS only support booting up from an MBR drive.

Thank you again for the information. If anyone wants to Hackintosh on specs similar to mine, I'd be happy to give some pointers!

#Clover4Lyf :D
Can you please tell me if pentium e5700 can run mojave along with nvidia gt 210 1GB dGPU i am planning to upgrade from el capitan to mojave

Can you please tell me if pentium e5700 can run mojave along with nvidia gt 210 1GB dGPU i am planning to upgrade from el capitan to mojave
You should have opened a new thread rather than replying to an old post more than 5 years ago.

Your system is old. The Pentium CPU is not supported on MacOS, and your graphics card is not supported on MacOS Mojave (and later) due to lack of Metal support, Apple's graphics framework.

I strongly recommend replacing the CPU with at least a Core 2 Duo 7xxx / 8xxx and your graphics card with a supported one such as GT 710 (DDR3) if you want to try to install and run Mojave.

Mojave needs a CPU with SSE4.2 instructions and the socket 775 CPUs do not support it. To successfully install Mojave on a system with a Core 2 Duo / Core 2 Quad CPU check this thread :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back