CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have always wanted to try OS X as a daily driver and tried it once on my old AMD system (failed miserably) and now here I am with an Intel Core i3 4130, 8GB RAM, GTX 750Ti and ASRock B85-HDS motherboard and I want to know whether my system will work fine with El Capitan? And do I need to use specific boot vlags, kernels, kexts and all that stuff? I think it wil work since I have an NVIDIA GPU and Intel CPU but I need your opinion since I'm a newbie in terms of Hackintosh. I will be using a VM to make the Installer and such since I don't own a Mac. Thanks in advance.

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have always wanted to try OS X as a daily driver and tried it once on my old AMD system (failed miserably) and now here I am with an Intel Core i3 4130, 8GB RAM, GTX 750Ti and ASRock B85-HDS motherboard and I want to know whether my system will work fine with El Capitan? And do I need to use specific boot vlags, kernels, kexts and all that stuff? I think it wil work since I have an NVIDIA GPU and Intel CPU but I need your opinion since I'm a newbie in terms of Hackintosh. I will be using a VM to make the Installer and such since I don't own a Mac. Thanks in advance.

Not a showstopper, but the audio on that motherboard (Realtek ALC662) doesn't have a driver in MultiBeast, though I think there's a kext floating around out there somewhere (download and use at your own risk). Alternately, you can get a very inexpensive (around $6-8) USB audio adapter; most will work with OS X, but lots of folks here have reported success with this one from Sabrent: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. Otherwise you should be in good shape with the hardware you have.

In terms of special instructions, I don't think you'll need any; just follow the standard Installation Guide. You'll need to install the Nvidia web drivers to get full resolution & acceleration on your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.