Contribute
Register

Is my Asus Rog Strix GL702VS build safe?? No-DSDT / DSDT help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix GL702VS Laptop
CPU
i7 7700HQ/ HM175
Graphics
GTX 1070
First of all I would like to enormously thank the admins and the community for all the great work done and shared!

This ASUS Rog Strix GL702VS is my first laptop build and I am a total beginner in hackintoshing.
My biggest concern is: is it safe to use this build DSDT free?? My System EFI folder has no DSDT in it (origin folder empty). The USB EFI folder has files in its Origin folder though... I know there is a GUIDE about DSDT patching and it says it should be done for some things.. but I have no idea where to start / what to patch in this specific laptop... and if it is safe (for the hardware speacially) to use this build as it is now..
I have attached USB EFI folder, SYSTEM EFI folder and screencapture of kexts in S/L/E. Also HWMmonitor screencapture attached.

Right now my Asus Rog Strix GL702VS looks like this:
I have installed Sierra 10.12.6.

WORKING
- M2 NVME disk recognized (I don´t know how I did this). OS 10.12.6 installed there.
- GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB DDR5 (lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup kext + emuvariable64.efi and drivers true in config.plist, installed webdriver)
- Sound (VoodooHDA kext)
- Card reader (just worked after installation)
- LAN port (just worked after installation)
- Battery Status (by installing iReddyBattery). Apparently showing same as BIOS and Windows.
- Sensors: In HWMonitor I get info about CPUS temperature / power consumption / frequency multiplier, GPU die temp, HDD temp, Internal Battery. (attached screencapture).

NOT WORKING / PROBLEMS
- M2 NVME booting. I am still booting from USB. I have tried to install different CLOVER versions but when booting from NVME boot fails, I get ptohibited sign (unreadable in -v).
- Wifi (waiting for card to arrive from China)
- Trackpad (In an earlier installation attempt I installed some kext which gave me very basic trackpad [not even scrolling] but I don´t remember which one it was...
- NO FAN reading in HWMonitor, apparently no automatic FAN control either, sometimes after a while of use HWMonitor warns about HDD disk temperature getting high (I attach screencapture). USB stick gets pretty hot..

I really appreciate and thank anyone for reading this post and giving me some advice / help with the DSDT/SSDT issue!

Attachments

• EFI PENDRIVE.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 191
  • EFI SYSTEM.zip
    16.5 MB · Views: 170
  • HW Monitor.png
    HW Monitor.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 142
  • SLE Kexts.png
    SLE Kexts.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 112
First of all I would like to enormously thank the admins and the community for all the great work done and shared!

This ASUS Rog Strix GL702VS is my first laptop build and I am a total beginner in hackintoshing.
My biggest concern is: is it safe to use this build DSDT free?? My System EFI folder has no DSDT in it (origin folder empty). The USB EFI folder has files in its Origin folder though... I know there is a GUIDE about DSDT patching and it says it should be done for some things.. but I have no idea where to start / what to patch in this specific laptop... and if it is safe (for the hardware speacially) to use this build as it is now..
I have attached USB EFI folder, SYSTEM EFI folder and screencapture of kexts in S/L/E. Also HWMmonitor screencapture attached.

Right now my Asus Rog Strix GL702VS looks like this:
I have installed Sierra 10.12.6.

WORKING
- M2 NVME disk recognized (I don´t know how I did this). OS 10.12.6 installed there.
- GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB DDR5 (lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup kext + emuvariable64.efi and drivers true in config.plist, installed webdriver)
- Sound (VoodooHDA kext)
- Card reader (just worked after installation)
- LAN port (just worked after installation)
- Battery Status (by installing iReddyBattery). Apparently showing same as BIOS and Windows.
- Sensors: In HWMonitor I get info about CPUS temperature / power consumption / frequency multiplier, GPU die temp, HDD temp, Internal Battery. (attached screencapture).

NOT WORKING / PROBLEMS
- M2 NVME booting. I am still booting from USB. I have tried to install different CLOVER versions but when booting from NVME boot fails, I get ptohibited sign (unreadable in -v).
- Wifi (waiting for card to arrive from China)
- Trackpad (In an earlier installation attempt I installed some kext which gave me very basic trackpad [not even scrolling] but I don´t remember which one it was...
- NO FAN reading in HWMonitor, apparently no automatic FAN control either, sometimes after a while of use HWMonitor warns about HDD disk temperature getting high (I attach screencapture). USB stick gets pretty hot..

I really appreciate and thank anyone for reading this post and giving me some advice / help with the DSDT/SSDT issue!

Copy EFI_PENDRIVE (which is working) to your system EFI.

Copy EFI_PENDRIVE (which is working) to your system EFI.

Hi @RehabMan ! Thanks for your fast reply! Well, that solved the booting issue so now Im booting from NVME drive ;)
And this also means I now have DSDT and other files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin and "SSDT_NVMe-Pcc" in patched folder, but I personally havent patched anything. So what is your thought about not patching DSDT? How can I know if my build is good to use this way? Is it normal not to have FAN detected in HWMonitor?
Thanks again Man!

Hi @RehabMan ! Thanks for your fast reply! Well, that solved the booting issue so now Im booting from NVME drive ;)
And this also means I now have DSDT and other files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Origin and "SSDT_NVMe-Pcc" in patched folder, but I personally havent patched anything. So what is your thought about not patching DSDT? How can I know if my build is good to use this way? Is it normal not to have FAN detected in HWMonitor?
Thanks again Man!

ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks again Man!

Same laptop were did you get ireddybattery? How'd you get the touchpad working? I'm still lost on how to install kexts lol. I've been putting some kext files manually into my SLE folder but doesn't seem to to do anything. I guess it requires dsdt patching of some sort...but this is all very confusing. I understand what kexts are, but does manually putting them in the SLE folder mean they are injected into the OS. Because when I put the voodooi2c kexts in there, and reboot, my touchpad does not work. Can you walk me through on how exactly you installed the VoodooHDA kext to get sound?

Same laptop were did you get ireddybattery? How'd you get the touchpad working? I'm still lost on how to install kexts lol. I've been putting some kext files manually into my SLE folder but doesn't seem to to do anything. I guess it requires dsdt patching of some sort...but this is all very confusing. I understand what kexts are, but does manually putting them in the SLE folder mean they are injected into the OS. Because when I put the voodooi2c kexts in there, and reboot, my touchpad does not work. Can you walk me through on how exactly you installed the VoodooHDA kext to get sound?

Hi @texmex, here u have ireddybattery, just install it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vj_-ogtPf7c-B7J5lDRFPOueYTdD53EZ
I don't have touchpad working currently, I had it working (I don't remember which kext I used) but it was too basic, it didn't even had scrolling.
You can use kext wizard or similar kext installer to install kexts, be sure to have the SLE destination chosen.
I got the wificard from China, already working, let me know if you need some assistance on this,
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back