Contribute
Register

Is manual fan control built into HW Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Jetway NAF93-Q77, OS 10.9.5, 3,1 AMI BIOS A05
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000 & Nvidia GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I have HW Monitor installed and running. After doing an online search I found that it’s possible to control individual fan speeds via the HW Monitor drop down menu by hovering over Fan Speeds. Unfortunately this isn’t working for me so I’m wondering if there is something more to it?

Thanks in advance!

Great! Looks interesting!

Now for this to work properly, are there certain BIOS settings that need to be made or changed? Thanks!!
I didn't need any.

I didn't need any.

Hey after installing and trying to set/modify fan speeds it shows “0” for both minimum and maximum and says to uninstall any other fan controller. Does this mean I need to physically uninstall HW Monitor from my Hack to use this Mac Fan Controller software or is there another way?? Thanks!!

Hey after installing and trying to set/modify fan speeds it shows “0” for both minimum and maximum and says to uninstall any other fan controller. Does this mean I need to physically uninstall HW Monitor from my Hack to use this Mac Fan Controller software or is there another way?? Thanks!!
I don't use HW monitor so I'ver never seen this issue. Just try uninstalling HW monitor and then reboot and recheck this app to see if it works. You can always re-install it later on if need be.

Ok I tried this on my clone copy first just to be safe. I dragged HW Monitor app to trash and rebooted. Afterwards I checked Macs Fan Control but it’s still showing “0” and asking me to remove other fan controlling software which I already did.

So I’m at a standstill.

Ok I tried this on my clone copy first just to be safe. I dragged HW Monitor app to trash and rebooted. Afterwards I checked Macs Fan Control but it’s still showing “0” and asking me to remove other fan controlling software which I already did.
So I’m at a standstill.
The motherboards from the big box OEMs like Dell and HP do the same thing, they don't allow control of the fans via this app. They don't see the fans at all. So that may be the case with your Jetway board as well. I know that it does work on Gigabyte and Asus motherboards. Probably on MSI and Asrock as well but haven't tested those.

So I’m at a standstill.
Maybe try with the FakeSMC plugins removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back