Contribute
Register

is macOS 10.15.1 update safe for Hackintosh? (clean with WEG 1.3.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMessage is still working for me. I don’t use FaceTime.
I can report freezing and stuttering during disk operations though. Wasn‘t doing that before the update. Sigh :(

WEG 1.3.4 fixed the black screen during 10.15.1 install also at my configuration with RX570. Thanks very much! Before reading here I already started a clean install under High Sierra, loading Catalina from the App Store.
Another funny change from 10.15 to 10.15.1: I had to adapt the keyboard layout again, exchanging 2 special character keys. Now it is different from that what I use for Sierra and Mojave.

try this version (1.3.4) not released but you can compile yourself.

Just read this thread before hitting restart, so updated WhateverGreen and all worked on my backup drive without a hitch - RX580/8GB on Designare @CaseySJ build. Will thoroughly test before deploying onto main drive.

Solved mine too on rx570, thanks a lot guys

WEG 1.3.4 worked for black screen issue

Where to place the file ? And which drive to boot from? Preboot or data?

Thanks! Using a Radeon 7950 here, it booted to the black screen after the 15.10.1 update.

WEG 1.3.4 as posted worked like a champ

Where to place the file ? And which drive to boot from? Preboot or data?
Needs to go into you Library/Extensions folder - remember to instal through Hackintool or ensure Gatekeeper (Catalina's security system) and other permissions are okay. After updating, boot from MacOS Install folder, selected through Clover - only do this on a backup/test drive first. If this is your main machine, and main drive I wouldn't bother updating!

this version of WhateverGreen.kext works perfectly here with RX 560/2GB ! THANK YOU dude!

I have a Radeon Vega 64 connected to two monitors and built-in Intel graphics connected to a 3rd monitor. The intel was the only one working after the update to 10.15.1. I could see it recognized the Radeon card in the system report, but no display. I didn't need WhateverGreen before, but I installed the kext posted by @Lapseart in my EFI and now have all 3 displays working again as normal. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back