Contribute
Register

is macOS 10.15.1 update safe for Hackintosh? (clean with WEG 1.3.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Z270, i7-7700K and Radeon VII with WEG 1.3.4. Updated to 10.15.1 and everything is working.
Two interesting things tho:
1. This updated kinda "fixed" the keyboard issues that I had, where the caps lock light won't light up on my Logitech Craft. But still I can't use adjust screen brightness using the keyboard.
2. This update took VERY LONG before the first reboot stage. Many messages (many were error messages I assume) popped up on the screen before reaching the Apple logo. There even was a point when it seemed that the update had stuck, no more messages were popping and I thought I broke it. Only after 5min wait or so the process continued and macOS updated fine.

(Hopefully I explained well. English isn't my first language :p )

Needs to go into you Library/Extensions folder - remember to instal through Hackintool or ensure Gatekeeper (Catalina's security system) and other permissions are okay. After updating, boot from MacOS Install folder, selected through Clover - only do this on a backup/test drive first. If this is your main machine, and main drive I wouldn't bother updating!

I installed 10.15.1 update without update my WEG and now I'm stuck on windows... I can boot on mac, I can hear the sound but everything is black. How can I solve this? Please, help me!

Need some help.. I upgraded my Video card from GT710 2GB to MSI AMD RX580 4G and reinstall the Catalina 10.15.1 but I keep getting blackscreen during installation. I already updated the Whatevergreen and lilu.kext.
I have Catalina fully work with GT710, don't know why RX580 doesn't work, it should work as OOB, right?

My build:
MSI Z370I Pro Gaming Carbon AC
Intel I5-8400
Kingston Hyper x DDR4 2400 2 X 4G
Kingston SSD 240G
MSI AMD RX580 4G
WIFI + Bluetooth BCM94360CS2 + m.2 adapter

Need some help.. I upgraded my Video card from GT710 2GB to MSI AMD RX580 4G and reinstall the Catalina 10.15.1 but I keep getting blackscreen during installation. I already updated the Whatevergreen and lilu.kext.
I have Catalina fully work with GT710, don't know why RX580 doesn't work, it should work as OOB, right?

My build:
Intel I5-8400
Kingston SSD 240G
MSI AMD RX580 4G

I didn't change anything in my EFI folder except whatevengreen and lilu.kext.

My build:
Intel I5-8400
Kingston SSD 240G
MSI AMD RX580 4G

Are you sure you're using the latest WEG (1.3.4)? Their latest RELEASE was 14 hours ago. If you just downloaded their release version before that, it's still 1.3.3.

try this version (1.3.4) not released but you can compile yourself.
hi, I have a Vega 64 and want to update using your 1.3.4 copy. can you please point me to instructions for compiling myself? thank you!

never mind...downloaded 1.3.4 from the download page, added to kext/other and upgrade worked just fine. no compiling required.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're using the latest WEG (1.3.4)? Their latest RELEASE was 14 hours ago. If you just downloaded their release version before that, it's still 1.3.3.
Yes, I using 1.3.4, just download it few hours ago. Will try "agdpmod=pikera" tomorrow, hopefully it will work.

I'm on windows... how can I compile this kext? Where I need to put?

try to boot on safe mode and mount your efi partition, put the kext Clover/Kext/Other location.

If you don’t know how to boot on safe mode just search in this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back