RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi,
Rendering taking too long on my device otherwise all other things working smooth and almost perfect. Is it worth to upgrade CPU and RAM? if yes which one? and do i need fresh install again or just some small edit in config.plist?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
Rendering taking too long on my device otherwise all other things working smooth and almost perfect. Is it worth to upgrade CPU and RAM? if yes which one? and do i need fresh install again or just some small edit in config.plist?

Thanks in advance

What version of MacOS are you running and what software are you using to render?

I would guess that your CPU (i3 2100T, 2 cores) is most likely the most important reason why your rendering is taking too long. You can try to upgrade to a 4 core CPU compatible with your motherboard, such as a Core i5 2400, and more RAM should also help, especially if your system has less than 8 GB RAM.

But if you are still not satisfied with the performance, then you may have to upgrade your CPU to a more recent one, which means you will also need to upgrade your motherboard and RAM. Are you willing to do that?

I have Mojave and H.Sierra and the software are FinalCut and Adobe Audition!
Actually want to upgrade to last possible CPU for my box like ( i7-3770 Ivy Bridge CPU - 3.4 GHz) and upgrade the RAM to 24 or 32.

I have Mojave and H.Sierra and the software are FinalCut and Adobe Audition!
Actually want to upgrade to last possible CPU for my box like ( i7-3770 Ivy Bridge CPU - 3.4 GHz) and upgrade the RAM to 24 or 32.

If you are certain the i7 3770 can work with your motherboard (may require a BIOS update), then you can try it if the upgrade does not cost too much.

But as I said before, you may need to consider a whole upgrade of motherboard / CPU / RAM if you need more performance.

But as I said before, you may need to consider a whole upgrade of motherboard / CPU / RAM if you need more performance.
Great idea :) but i need more budget for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back