Contribute
Register

is it safe to upgrade to 10.14.1 from 10.14.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dell
CPU
i7 5500u
Graphics
gt840m;igpu
I have 10.14.0 installed on my laptop, I am very noob in hackintoshing, actually I couldn't even make the keyboard work, Fortunately I found someone with the same laptop on youtube who posted his Clover EFI, so I copy pasted it, and it worked 5/5 (working everything except GPU, LAN, and WiFi ofc), after testing about 18 LAN driver, the LAN finally worked, buggy, but at least it works (if you disconnect i have to reboot to work again..).
So is it safe to upgrade to 10.14.1? And if something went wrong, can I downgrade to 10.14.0 without having to clean format and reinstall? any help would be highly appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

I have 10.14.0 installed on my laptop, I am very noob in hackintoshing, actually I couldn't even make the keyboard work, Fortunately I found someone with the same laptop on youtube who posted his Clover EFI, so I copy pasted it, and it worked 5/5 (working everything except GPU, LAN, and WiFi ofc), after testing about 18 LAN driver, the LAN finally worked, buggy, but at least it works (if you disconnect i have to reboot to work again..).
So is it safe to upgrade to 10.14.1? And if something went wrong, can I downgrade to 10.14.0 without having to clean format and reinstall? any help would be highly appreciated :)

I guess you'll find out when you try.

Please fix your profile as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I always do a backup with Carbon Copy Cloner before updating. It can save you lots of headaches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back