Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i've already found a way to change the mojave image, i'm wondering if it's safe to change the text of the Mac definition, Processor, Ram, Graphics information?

@rayceyiii,

It is safe to make changes to About this Mac after all its just some data in a plist however be aware that most MacOS updates will cause this to be refreshed back to default values (also for the icons/pictures) so be prepared to loose the changes and have to do them again in the future.

More trouble than its worth IMO ...

Cheers
Jay

jupp, Im about to (at last) upgrade to Mojave, as I bought myself a Radeon card. And I know my About this Mac customization is going to be lost, and not sure I will do it again. Will see.

Added the image of my cabinet + faked the speed of my processor. (running at base 3.7Ghz but says 5.0)

I made the Samsung screen icon and hoped to make an AOC one for the 2770G4, but only one graphic is allowed (as far as I found out)

Also made my custom 960 pro drive icon (the rest I downloaded)

It is fun to customize, but it takes time. As Catalina will come soon, I guess I'll update to Mojave now, and just let it be. I might do it on Catalina, if I get to update to it early.

jupp, Im about to (at last) upgrade to Mojave, as I bought myself a Radeon card. And I know my About this Mac customization is going to be lost, and not sure I will do it again. Will see.

Added the image of my cabinet + faked the speed of my processor. (running at base 3.7Ghz but says 5.0)
View attachment 410772

I made the Samsung screen icon and hoped to make an AOC one for the 2770G4, but only one graphic is allowed (as far as I found out)
View attachment 410773

View attachment 410774

It is fun to customize, but it takes time. As Catalina will come soon, I guess I'll update to Mojave now, and just let it be. I might do it on Catalina, if I get to update to it early.
Hey! Those look awesome! Can you tell me how you did it? Or a link to a tutorial maybe? Thanks!

View attachment 410772

View attachment 410773

View attachment 410774

I just tried to customise on catalina and damn..seems like they locked away everything so you can't customise anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back