Contribute
Register

Is it Possible to Use VMs on Hackintosh PCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel Alienware Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i3-4130T @ 2.9 Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M
Hi,

So I remember at the beginning of the process I had to go into my BIOS and disable the Intel Virtual Technology option for MacOS to work. With that enabled I cannot install Virtualbox and use VMs. Is there a way I can do so on a hackintosh PC after the installation process? I've already used Unibeast, Multibeast and installed the drivers on my machine.

make sure all Vt-x has to be disabled, the rest of the Vt-(?) are unimportant, es they do not serve a specific need for macosx directly.

I have all of them disabled, and i can use Virtualbox and Parallels. I use Virtualbox with Kubernetes and Docker, so this works all fine if you have configured it correctly.

Kind regards
Tepoo

I had to turn mine on in the bios after I setup my hack in order for parallels to work

I use Virtualbox with Kubernetes and Docker, so this works all fine if you have configured it correctly.
Why would you need Virtualbox to use Docker and Kubernetes? Docker for Mac works natively without Virtualbox and comes with Kubernetes.

Virtualbox is automatically used by minikube for kubernetes. if you do not want to have an entire kubernetes cluster but just a simple instance, minikube is kinda helpful, and it works with virtualbox as far as i have seen.

I have VT-x and VT-d enabled on my hack and run vmWare Fusion without issues. I've never tried VirtualBox.

Looks like I don't have VT-d. I went ahead and turned VT-x back on and Virtualbox works fine and so does the guest additions. I'm loving my new hackintosh so far! :thumbup:

Is there a way to attach my PCIe devices to a Virtual Machine on Mac OS host, I know VirtualBox supports PCIe pass through but on Linux, is there something similar in Mac

Is there a way to attach my PCIe devices to a Virtual Machine on Mac OS host, I know VirtualBox supports PCIe pass through but on Linux, is there something similar in Mac

No. As far as I know, neither macOS nor Windows supports PCI-e pass-through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back