Contribute
Register

Is it possible to update from Mojave to Big Sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is it ok to upgrade to Big Sur from Mojave? I'm currently running Mojave without issues (at least not that I am aware of)

I'm trying to update but If I go to the first reboot, It won't boot at all and reboots again, the process won't go on.

Here is the screenshot from the verbose messages I get:

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-03 at 19.13.29.jpeg

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is it ok to upgrade to Big Sur from Mojave? I'm currently running Mojave without issues (at least not that I am aware of)

I'm trying to update but If I go to the first reboot, It won't boot at all and reboots again, the process won't go on.

Here is the screenshot from the verbose messages I get:

View attachment 514155

Any Thoughts?

Thanks!
I would strongly recommend trying to install Big Sur on a separate disk instead of directly upgrading. If you encounter any problems you still have your Mojave installation to fall back to.

Big Sur requires OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later as bootloader. If you are currently using Clover you will have to change bootloaders if you want to install and run Big Sur.

I would strongly recommend trying to install Big Sur on a separate disk instead of directly upgrading. If you encounter any problems you still have your Mojave installation to fall back to.

Big Sur requires OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later as bootloader. If you are currently using Clover you will have to change bootloaders if you want to install and run Big Sur.
I will take a look into it, I have 5105 and I've read that older versions was capable of booting Big Sur. I'll look into that, however I need to see why I can not upgrade clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back