Contribute
Register

Is it possible to Hackintosh on an Intel DQ67SW Motherboard? (New to this btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel Motherboard DQ67SW
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
I'm putting together an Intel DQ67SW Motherboard, Intel i5-3470 Processor, and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti together to create a Hackintosh audio workstation. I'm pretty new to this and want to make sure I can really pull this off with this equipment.

Your Nvidia card isn't going to be supported with Catalina. I'm not sure if the iGPU in that processor fully works, but hopefully someone can chime in on that. You might want to shop around for an AMD rx 5** card in its place.

I have a GTX 670 on my watchlist on Ebay that I kept on there just in case. My main concern for now is UEFI. I'm not sure if the motherboard has UEFI mode or not.

I have a GTX 670 on my watchlist on Ebay that I kept on there just in case. My main concern for now is UEFI. I'm not sure if the motherboard has UEFI mode or not.

im not sure if the 670 had issues, but the 660ti has very bad artifacting issues under Mojave. Its pretty well documented in this forum and the reason I switched to an AMD card. I STRONGLY suggest getting an AMD card if you want to run MacOS. the experience is night and day as the newer versions are build around AMD graphics.

as far as UEFI goes, even if it doesn't have it, you should be able to run Clover just fine. Just select the right options when installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back