Lenovo 20QQS44R02
CPU
E-2276M/ CM246
Graphics
UHD P630 + RTX 5000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I recently updated my clover version on my second PC without adding the correct patch that will allow my PC to boot into Mac OS ( it just black screens forever). Is it possible to add this patch without booting into Mac? Maybe from the clover boot config screen? I do have a working hack which I'm using at the moment with all the patch information. I don't have a bootable USB at the moment or a version of Mojave downloaded.

Attach the drive from the non-working system to the working one - Fix it - put it back.

You can use a USB to SATA adaptor.

Got one handy actually, but I just checked and the patch is already there. Not sure why clover 5058 will boot on my desktop but not on my laptop. Laptop just gives infinite black screen. =\

Not sure why clover 5058 will boot on my desktop but not on my laptop

The folder structure in the new(er) Clover has changed.
Make sure that all of your drivers are in the new location.

got any idea how to downgrade clover from 5058 to 4961?

Each time that you update Clover a copy of your entire /EFI folder is saved to the system disk in /EFI-Backups.
To downgrade replace the /EFI folder on the EFI partition with the one from the latest backup.

I'm still unsure why 5058 wont boot properly though. Also, even though it boots properly on my desktop there is no boot logo/progress indicator just a black screen then it instantly shows the login. I did apply the custom white screen boot mac logo, but it doesn't show the progress indicator which looks much cleaner and authentic on the standard black background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back