Contribute
Register

Is it posible to hack BIOS to accept ESC and not DELETE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have Apple keyboard, the small one and there is no DELETE key (Fn+Backspace aint working) and no other key combination works to get in to BIOS so I thought maybe is it possible to edit the original BIOS file and change DEL to ESC?
MoBo: P55M-UD4

Hi,

I'm sorry but you can't change this key easily, or you have to patch your bios, I don't think anybody did it. :?

In my opinion the best thing to do is to replace your mini Apple keyboard by an extended one. But I can understand that you don't want to buy a other one.
:x

I hope you'll find an other solution.

i don't like extended one, too big. Well I'll have to use whenever I need BISO my regular mini PC keyboard.

xequtor said:
I have Apple keyboard, the small one and there is no DELETE key (Fn+Backspace aint working) and no other key combination works to get in to BIOS so I thought maybe is it possible to edit the original BIOS file and change DEL to ESC?
MoBo: P55M-UD4

I asked Gigabyte if they could include this in a future BIOS update (be able to enter BIOS using some other key) as I had the same keyboard. I liked the keyboard, just hated having to swap it out to get into the BIOS. They replied that they could not as it's a feature of the Award BIOS that loads first not their part that they keep updating. :banghead: It was worth a shot...
I considered building a USB dongle with a Delete button on it to plug into the side of my monitor whenever I wanted to boot to BIOS. I was thinking if I did build this hack, I could sell a dozen or so to others with the same issue :lol:

Hey...
This reminds me I got a 'USB keypad' years ago with a targus laptop kit...
Will try to find it in my junkpile and see if it works... could be a nice "hack"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back