Contribute
Register

Is it better to use Apple's keyboard and mice when building a Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first time Hackintosh builder. I am using a Logitech Master MX2 mouse. I am planning to buy a Das 4 Professional Keyboard for my Hackintosh. Will there be a compatibility problem? Is it better to use Apple's keyboard and mice?

I use logitech keyboards and mice, no problems. In fact, I use logitech mice on real macs.

Thanks. So, using 3rd party keyboard and mice won't make the creation of Hackintosh more difficult? I suppose before the system is set up, we cannot go to 3rd party company site to install drivers.

Thanks. So, using 3rd party keyboard and mice won't make the creation of Hackintosh more difficult?

No, it won't, as long as they are USB.

Do I need "direct" usb connection? Is wireless connections via usb dongle OK? Logitech uses unifier receiver.

Anybody has success with these keyboards?

Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (I think it uses Bluetooth)
Logitech Craft Advanced Wireless Keyboard with Creative Input Dial
Corsair K63 Wirless Mechanical Keyboard
Das Keyboard 4 Professional Soft Tactile MX Brown Mechanical Keyboard

Do I need "direct" usb connection? Is wireless connections via usb dongle OK? Logitech uses unifier receiver.

Anybody has success with these keyboards?

Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (I think it uses Bluetooth)
Logitech Craft Advanced Wireless Keyboard with Creative Input Dial
Corsair K63 Wirless Mechanical Keyboard
Das Keyboard 4 Professional Soft Tactile MX Brown Mechanical Keyboard

A direct connection is always better. But wireless keyboards / mice using USB dongle should also connect. I tested some wireless USB dongle mice myself and they worked but I felt they were not as "smooth" as the wired ones.

I use a Logitech K800 (iluminated) keyboard and a Logitech Performance MX mouse bundled to one usb unifying receiver on MacOS and Windows 10 and have no problems.
Logitech provides extra drivers and software for its hardware:

https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/mouse/mac/lcc3.9.5.66.zip

I haven't tested it because the usb receiver seems to be natively supported in MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back