Gigabyte gtx 980 g1 gaming
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

as i see these days few people selling 5960x because they can't update to El cap, is there any chance to see this 8-core working on a newer Os than Yosemite ? just wanted to know what you think about it

Thib

Hi everyone,

as i see these days few people selling 5960x because they can't update to El cap, is there any chance to see this 8-core working on a newer Os than Yosemite ? just wanted to know what you think about it

Thib

Really all depends on what Apple does with an update/refresh of the most recent version of the Mac Pro. Of course we haven't a clue what that will be. In my opinion it's not worth taking the chance that there may be support for an X99/5960X build in the future. An I7-5930K is probably the best value in the extreme I7 line from Intel anyway. It should get the job done for you with OS X Yosemite. Whether it will work with 10.12 (Fuji) remains to be seen. That's the nature of the Hackintosh. Uncertainty. :think:

Really all depends on what Apple does with an update/refresh of the most recent version of the Mac Pro. Of course we haven't a clue what that will be. In my opinion it's not worth taking the chance that there may be support for an X99/5960X build in the future. An I7-5930K is probably the best value in the extreme I7 line from Intel anyway. It should get the job done for you with OS X Yosemite. Whether it will work with 10.12 (Fuji) remains to be seen. That's the nature of the Hackintosh. Uncertainty. :think:

thanks for sharing your thoughts, i guess i'll buy a 5820k as i don't need extra pci lanes and seems to perform equal to 5930k then , if needed, i'll switch to a 5960x if it is still working on newer OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back