Contribute
Register

Is HP ProDesk 600 G2 Hackintoshable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it´s recommend to have working audio, otherwise you can´t get working HDMI audio and without HDMI audio you haven´t working HDMI.
This computer doesn't have HDMI — only two display ports and a VGA (which won't ever work I gather since support is dropped from macOS), so not an issue here.

HP uses the ALC221 on all their business desktops since about 2009. They go cheap on that because they can for a business system. There is no kext for this Realtek chip to get it working. Two choices are Voodoohda or a USB audio adapter.
Thanks for that info. I'll stop reading then :)

Updates!

Was able to get two displays working with the onboard HD 530. Steps necessary in this post (and see first post in the thread for complete instructions).
tl;dr: requires FB patch, 4-port patch, and hotplug from "outer" DP port once booted. But it works.

Voodoo audio works, however the internal speaker clicks loudly when booting until the driver sorts itself out. I disabled the internal speaker in BIOS (but kept the audio device) and that eliminates the clicking but allows audio.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I did find a BIOS option to set the "Video Memory" size, so I don't have to patch minStolenSize in the Graphics kext.

Only remaining issue is front USB3 ports have disappeared. Installed macOS using them, but they don't register any longer.

sub'd.... I am working on a prodesk 600G2 also. Interested in everyone's outcome to help me progress my build.

Just a quick follow-up.

I find getting the exact right combination of hot-plugging to be an incredible PITA. My best luck is to do it as soon as the login window appears. Doing it after login never works, but even doing it right as the login screen appears only works maybe 75% of the time — often the second screen blanks if it comes up at all.

So I just went and bought a bargain-basement GeForce 710. This machine is for work so I don't need particularly good performance. The GeForce was dirt cheap and the 710 is supported OOTB with Sierra.

Now this machine purrs pretty nicely. Sleep/wake work. Shutting down/restarting works (without having to do a hard-reset). And the processor hauls.

As an aside, co-workers are now starting to get the G3 version which is kabylake, I believe. If I get my hands on one I'll try to hack it.

Waiting for my 600 G2 to arrive, going to give High Sierra with NVMe a whirl if possible....fingers crossed!

Anyone got any tips where to start?

Last edited:
I ran through this on a 400 G2. I needed to do some DSDT patching in order to fix an error with a BIOS time mismatch. I used RehabMan's MaciASL and the Rehabman Laptop -> [sys] RTC fix. The Sourceforge Replace Names patch is also helpful.

Unibeast and Multibeast got the system going. I needed to use the VoodooHDA package installer to get the audio working and change the output format of the HDMI audio to cut the level in half.

Updates!

Was able to get two displays working with the onboard HD 530. Steps necessary in this post (and see first post in the thread for complete instructions).
tl;dr: requires FB patch, 4-port patch, and hotplug from "outer" DP port once booted. But it works.

Voodoo audio works, however the internal speaker clicks loudly when booting until the driver sorts itself out. I disabled the internal speaker in BIOS (but kept the audio device) and that eliminates the clicking but allows audio.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I did find a BIOS option to set the "Video Memory" size, so I don't have to patch minStolenSize in the Graphics kext.

Only remaining issue is front USB3 ports have disappeared. Installed macOS using them, but they don't register any longer.

Please post your EFI Folder.

Is this PC hackintoshable?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=9316867#!tab=specs

Processor: i5-6500
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530
Chipset: Q150

Perfectly Hackintoshable upto macOS Mojave.
Graphics, LAN, Audio, USB3, every thing working perfect. For wifi, I used dlink usb dongle. tp link will also work.
Installed MacOS Mojave fully working and stable, the only thing you should know that you must output display from 1st Display port, nothing to disable and enable. Use MacOS high Sierra unibeast. Some configurations I will upload later. analog VGA port don't work any more with macOS.

Last edited:
Perfectly Hackintoshable upto macOS Mojave.
Graphics, LAN, Audio, USB3, every thing working perfect. For wifi, I used dlink usb dongle. tp link will also work.
Installed MacOS Mojave fully working and stable, the only thing you should know that you must output display from 1st Display port, nothing to disable and enable. Use MacOS high Sierra unibeast. Some configurations I will upload later. analog VGA port don't work any more with macOS.
Please, could you describe the installation in more detail? I installed Mojave as written here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

but the network and graphics do not work .. The monitor is connected via the Display Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back