Contribute
Register

Is his build compatible with Mountain Lion!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A-Touch
CPU
Intel Core i5-3317u @ 1.70GHz.
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everybody!

I am slightly new to hackintoshing, have dealt with few problems here and there, but I was wondering if my system was compatible with OS X Mountain Lion.

Specs are as follows:

Motherboard Asus P8B75 c/csm (I know the audio on this is not really supported)
CPU: Intel Core i5 @3.20 GHz
RAM: 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance Beast (2 x 4 gb sticks) (Dual Channel)
GPU: I had a GeForce GTX 550 ti, but recently got a GeForce GTX 690 from a friend who wasn't using it. (I KNOW RIGHT?!?!) Please refer to the 690 please.

If anyone could leave me some feedback on just how compatible these parts are, as I have not been able to make them work with Mountain Lion, but Lion was a breeze.

Thanks in advance,

- Person

As it seems like you have tried installing mountain lion, what issues did you run into? We may be further able to help you out if we know what errors you experienced.

So this being my first build, I did not put the idea of making it a hackintosh into my head. That being said, I tried, and got Lion to work 100%, aside from the fermi cards having glitches, and the audio. Recently, I have also tried to install ML with a GTX 550 ti.

1st. error: Gray screen with beachball. Can move the mouse. This is when booting to the installer, have not installed yet. (Flags: -v PCIRootUID=0)

2nd error: Boot into installer with -x, install, then reboot to HDD through USB. Various hangs with problems that I have found workarounds for, such as a hang at a Bluetooth kext, and one conflicting with a windows hard drive.Hangs only occur without -x.

3rd. error: after booting into HDD with -x, use Multibeast. (I picked EasyBeast, nVidia Fermi 10.8.x patch, WiFi works out of the box, because it was a card made for mac... :p) after multibeast, reboot and get a kernel panic. Says something about certain kexts or something.

Recently a friend said he had a GTX 690 I could buy from him, it turned out to be a 660 with 4GB of DDR5 RAM. I thought, OMG! A card supported by mac! No. Still getting the same errors as previously stated, but with a GTX 660. ^^

BOOTFLAGS I've tried:

-v, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, npci=0x3000, npci=0x2000, darkwake=1, darkwake=0, UseKernelCache=Yes, UseKernelCache=No, And every combination of all these flags put together.

Thanks for responding, and I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back