Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Like many others I'm sure, I built a hackintosh to that I could use a Mac but have the options to play games in windows via dual boot.

I'm not a huge fan of having to restart my machine every time I want to play games because it interferes with my Plex server running on the Mac to my friends and family.

As such, I was wondering if anyone has been able to pass through the GPU to Windows running on a virtual machine inside the mac. I haven't really seen any guides on how to do this, but thought I'd ask since progress seems to have been made in this area as of late on Linux.

I've got all the required hardware including an i7 chip with Intel VT, I remember reading somewhere that the dart=0 flag disables this as it is not used in Mac.

Anyways, I'm sure it's probably not possible, but just thought I'd ask anyways.

Thanks.

Old post but nobody else has said anything and better late than never I guess

Parallels is the best I know of (although I haven't had anything to do with virtualisation for a few years) and in my experience on my 2012 rmbp there was a performance hit in FPS and steady-running performance not to mention how much it hated being put to sleep while in-game) but it put up with it surprisingly well with already demanding games and was certainly playable, especially taking in to account the extra loss from not fully supporting DX11.

Depending on how much headroom you have on your system I'd say have a shot at that if you haven't already. This Article should give you some numbers to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back