Contribute
Register

Is Gigabyte B150M-D3H - i3 6100 Compatible with El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3-6100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

Before month I installed Mac OSX El Capitan on my desktop, but I had problems with my SSD (I think it was the SSD, because everytime it writed something, there were strange sounds).

Hardware:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B150M-D3H
  • CPU: i3 6100
  • RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury (DDR 4)
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 (Didn't have external GPU, because I really don't play any games)
  • SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

My PC is for office using and internet using only.

I really love OSX and I would love it with Windows 10 dual booting. Should I attemp the installation again or does the hardware make problems?

Greetz

Hello, I'm late but I had similar specs on my Sierra build and I thought someone will be interested:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B150M-D3H
  • CPU: i3 6100 3.7 GHz
  • RAM: 12GB Kingston HyperX Fury (DDR3 1866)
  • GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 530, Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti
  • SSD: Samsung Evo 750 250GB
What didn't work for me (keep in mind I'm new, something probably can be fixed later on):
  • Sound
  • My Palit GTX 1050 Ti was hard to use without drivers (obviously) and no drivers to be found.
  • In the beginning integrated graphics had the annoying glitch in the top left corner, the fix was posted on this forum (few lines need to be added to config.plist). Later on I've found another bug when switching monitor's input source from my Hackintosh to another mac and back. Had black screen and flying cursor, always needed to reboot afterwards.
  • Audio driver for Line 6 POD HD500 made me crash and reboot on booting 4 out of 5 times, but what are the odds you have this device? :)
What worked:
  • My old Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti is working ok with latest NVIDIA CUDA drivers apart from some bug that makes my screen highlight in white on same actions like when in search bar in Chrome (wtf?) or new message notification in telegram. But I won't do graphic heavy work, so I'm okay for now.
  • Working in Xcode is flawless so far. It is what I was building a Hackintosh for, because of long builds and lags on my Macbook Air.
  • 10+$ USB-Bluetooth adapter worked out of the box and pairs with my keyboard just like a mac would, I'm satisfied. Model: DEXP AT-BT403A (some noname brand, got in a local store).
  • USB-WiFi adapter Asus USB-N10 Nano has Mac support.
I'm planning to buy some usb audio interface that works out of the box and will most likely upgrade to 4-core 6th generation processor in the future.

Edit: NVIDIA CUDA drivers were actually the ones that provoked the reboot loop, removed them and installed web drivers via "Inject NVIDIA" in config.plist. No trouble with Line6 Audio driver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back