UHD 620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I apologize up front if this should be in a different section of the forums.. I have been trying to get to the AESM/EFi-X website/forums for days. Have they gone out of business? If so, good riddance!

I apologize up front if this should be in a different section of the forums.. I have been trying to get to the AESM/EFi-X website/forums for days. Have they gone out of business? If so, good riddance!

AFAIK, after AsereBLN opened up one of their modules and proved they were pirating from the OS86 project and Boot 132 without attributions the company pretty much went belly-up. Most of their forum mods left back in 2009 (2010 maybe? memory is vague on exact year) and I don't think the forum even exists anymore. Heard at one time ASEM was going to try to sue AsereBLN for trying to "reverse engineer" their product.

Their USA distributor (http://zougate.com/index.php) is unable to contact them, and has stopped displaying their products as of today. It appears that AESM simply folded up their tent and stole away in the night, leaving customers high and dry. Not terribly surprising. How to win friends and influence people...

AFAIK, after AsereBLN opened up one of their modules and proved they were pirating from the OS86 project and Boot 132 without attributions the company pretty much went belly-up. Most of their forum mods left back in 2009 (2010 maybe? memory is vague on exact year) and I don't think the forum even exists anymore. Heard at one time ASEM was going to try to sue AsereBLN for trying to "reverse engineer" their product.

Legal Action did take place against Asere, Forum went down shortly, a month ago, and has existed up until three weeks ago, but with hardly any traffic. Major Pricing change, killed them before providing support for Mavericks. This price change, and the new Mac Pros going proprietary, probably contributed to their current status, whatever it is. New forum mods took over in 2010, but direct Skype support was introduced which killed off all most all forum traffic.

To be honest - I've bought several of the efi-x modules, and was a very satisfied customer.
No complicated approach, just plugging in the module, and not mods to the OSX build required.
The module is doing what is promised, those discussions about a scam - can't understand that.

In the end, the support switch and that bad press (caused by the strange company poilitics) killed them in my point of view. Did discuss this with ASEM support via Skype (always available, very kind people). Told them, that it is very risky to sell modules with only 3 months support, and no commitment to maverick support for those buying it now. So I haven't ordered, decided to wait. And this was probably causing the issues leading to the company break down.
All servers have been hosted in germany. And the modules have been send out from "White Dragon"'s sister in Cologne (got the address because there have been issues with a delivery.

But anyway, trying now to get a new system by the osx86 way, my first tries with the boot stick weren't really sucessful. We'll see :)

I'll be as honest as you. I have bought two efi-x (1.1., And 4.0).

I must admit that I have not had a serious problem with the device, at the last minute in Mountain Lion with my system had no spdif sound.

I will not make the stubborn defense as before with ASEM nor will I do now as disgruntled user. The device has always operated as they have said, so I can not say anything about it.

What I can say is that the movement of ASEM crudely copying the boot of the scene and encapsulating all in one device, is nothing short of despicable.

But we must recognize how easy it was to do things with efi-x ......

andfa, please, If you have the address, please, send me a MP, I will return it ;)

Hi,

can't send PMs, strange forum rules (need to write 75 posts). Anyway, as the address is visible via whois

Domain Name: efi-x.com
Registry Domain ID: 1431897808_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enterprice.net
Registrar URL: http://www.epag.de/
Updated Date: 2010-03-25T03:46:22Z
Creation Date: 2008-03-24T15:39:02Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-03-24T15:39:02Z
Registrar: EPAG Domainservices GmbH
Registrar IANA ID: 85
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Wilhelm Vnukov
Registrant Organisation: Wilhelm Vnukov
Registrant Street: Hauptstrasse 349
Registrant City: Koeln
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: DE-51143
Registrant Country: DE
Registrant Phone: +49.180555533
Registrant Phone Ext: 0
Registrant Fax: +49.180555533
Registrant Fax Ext: 5

Did discuss this with ASEM support via Skype (always available, very kind people). Told them, that it is very risky to sell modules with only 3 months support, and no commitment to maverick support for those buying it now.

I bought an Efi-x 3.0 boot loader and as they instructed I have a 10.6.8 computer. I would like to update to the most current OSX High Sierra version because I would like to upgrade my video card to a GTX 760. Does anyone know if I can upgrade to High Sierra using the Efi-x 3.0? I have a snow leopard DVD. I’m ready to follow the steps outlined here without EFIX but I recall spending extra for the 3.0 version that is supposed to be able to be upgraded to newer OSX versions. Trying to utilize my Efi-x investment and do not remember their instructions.

Thanks

Last edited:
Open the trash and put it inside the trash. You can't install 10.9 and up with efi-x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back