Contribute
Register

is clover the best concept for a clean hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7
Graphics
280x + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I'm using chimera and I'm very glad to tonymacx86 website and all people here for these fabulous information you built to provide a guidance to make a good hackintosh system. but....

chimera/chameleon are very good but far from perfect. the approach it uses make easy to do a "almost real" mac for several hardware configuration but fail to make an utopic real mac with restrict hardware (the most compatible ones).

I have been study clover, but i didnt try it yet. on paper, the concept is very good. if the builder knows what to do, he can do all configurations/patch/tweaks on clover and install a clean OSX on in, with all features from a real mac without any fear to install system updates or someday things go wrong and all your work be compromised.

more than a simple bootloader, i understand clover as a "layer" to convert PC hardware to MAC, adjusting the parameters on the fly and make OSX run without modification.

am I right with this assumption?
If I am right, would be great if clover community develop a guide (or an application) to help build the config.plist with a database of motherboards, cpu and video cards, like tonymac has with DSDT tables.

there is a several config parameters for several hardware issues that could be organized on a database by motherboard (for exemple), this will be VERY HELPFULL to future builders.

what do you think about it? is it a valid concept to guide the community?

I have the same point of view!

I think that the force of Chameleon/Chimera is their strong community, and the user friendly tools tu build hack.
Clover seems to be a strong tool, stronger than Chameleon/Chimera, but its weakness is the complexity of making it run :(

yes, I'm reading a lot of things about clover, it seems very powerfull but still in development. i read that is not as fast to boot like chimera/chameleon and as far i have study, is VERY COMPLEX to understand and install properly.

BUT, the capability to patch ON THE FLY some tables (like DSDT) and kexts are impressive (it does on kext cache, i believe), the result is a clean OSX install, without modifying any retail kexts allowing all updates and software interactions works like a real mac. They have a fix for ASUS MSR lock that impressed me a lot.

the problem i see on clover community is focus. they have a good reason for that, but for my understanding make old and diverse hardware works is not a good path. I believe if they concentrate their efforts to make an almost new and a few most compatible hardware works "perfectly" and invest on installers/guides/tutorial for that situations, it will be a very good product!

every guide i read has so many "if (some situation) then you must (some action)..." based on several different situations that users could be using or making, with make very difficult understand "what is my situation here...".

as tonymac did with buyers guide, in a perfect word will be a guide/tutorial for each motherboard bios/UEFI/config.plist, and knowledge modules for video cards, hardrive/ssd, bluetooth, and others....

i hope that the clover development team goes to this path, they will make it a powerfull tool to all hackintoshes users...

.ps i read somewhere that maverick will have kexts signature to avoid load modified kexts, if its true, multibeast approach probably could not be used anymore, but clover has a pre-load kexts and i believe the patch kexts task on the fly will works...

is clover the best concept for a clean hackintosh?
Yes

Clover its a really great product and they are advancing really fast with features and improements.
There are alot of changes going on almost every day.
When devs (finish) this product there will be no need for guide since they are doing more and more things automaticaly without need for user changes.
There are really nice clover book by Slice that have all detailed information about what clover can doo and how for any user need but its in russian.
maybe if someone just translate this book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back