RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey.
I looked at the buyers Guide here and decided to buy an Asus Z170m Plus motherboard for my new build.
The Asus Z170m Plus is in the buyers Guide, so i thougt it should work without any problems.
But here for example, i read that the motherboard does not work well with two OS and Video output should only be connected through HDMI.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...9-280-fusion-drive.182949/page-6#post-1400254

But i want to use Windows and macOS and i want to connect a Display via DisplayPort, not HDMI.
The thread is a little bit old, so here is my question. Does everything work fine with this motherboard, or should i buy another one?

Thanks for help :)

No one? I ordered it one week ago and today it arrived. Now I don't´know what to do. Should I keep it, or buy another one?
with Gigabyte matx board ist the best for a Hackintosh?

can't help you buddy. i own it but i use only osx, no winz on it (just a vm for 1-2 progs).
in my personal experience, with a pci-e gpu it works very well with hdmi/dp (with 4k res @60hz + audio)
few modded kext to use it at full power, with sleep working 100%.
only con of this mobo is the strange behaviour of the bios. if something triggers it (god knows what it is), u need to reset the cmos, and you're good to go again after loading the pre saved bios settings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back