CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2x GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am about to update my G5 mod again and I was wondering if you guys would like to see an update build log? For the people who don't know, I am the one who built the Ying Yang watercooled build. (check signature)

Updates include:
1. New motherboard from the MSI Z97 Krait to the Z97 Sabertooth. I will do custom painting on the armor to match the theme
2. Changing the colors of the build from black and white to black and purple.
3. Adding 2 GTX 1070s with EK waterblocks
4. Re doing hardline tubing
5. mounting 4k monitor and 4k tv
6. Cable management.
7. Adding kanto YU2 speakers.

If people are interested or not just vote. I am not going to do it if people are not interested cause i'm lazy at taking pictures. I tend to take pictures of the finished build.

Thanks,
Rickyreall

I am about to update my G5 mod again and I was wondering if you guys would like to see an update build log? For the people who don't know, I am the one who built the Ying Yang watercooled build. (check signature)

Updates include:
1. New motherboard from the MSI Z97 Krait to the Z97 Sabertooth. I will do custom painting on the armor to match the theme
2. Changing the colors of the build from black and white to black and purple.
3. Adding 2 GTX 1070s with EK waterblocks
4. Re doing hardline tubing
5. mounting 4k monitor and 4k tv
6. Cable management.
7. Adding kanto YU2 speakers.

If people are interested or not just vote. I am not going to do it if people are not interested cause i'm lazy at taking pictures. I tend to take pictures of the finished build.

Thanks,
Rickyreall

Rickyreall your G5 Yin Yang project documentation is great and I hope that you will put up something similar on this update round.

Good modding,
neil

I have made a lot of changes to my rig already, unsurpisingly not satisfied. I purchased a hefty amount of hardware and was able to complete all of the project listed above. I have changed my mind on just the hardware refresh and I am going to make more modifications to the case. I am starting the project this week when the parts and supplies arrive.

1. Brainstormed new method for the front cd drive..can't give details until I start.
2. cut another 120mm fan for top of case
3. Adding 360 rad for top of case
3.5. repainting entire case
4. re-positioning ssd location
5. painting and cable management for power supply housing
6. Custom grommets for interior back panel
7. changing color scheme again...
8. re-wiring front front panel usb and power switch. Ditching front audio for usb dac audio interface
9. adding back panels to gtx 1070s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back