Contribute
Register

Is anyone else experiencing issues since upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone! This is more or less a sanity check.
Has anyone else been having more frequent freezing or kernel panics after they've done a direct upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra on their Hackintosh? And I mean random crashes, like when you're watching a video or doing something that El Capitan was fine with verses Sierra.

Also on a side note, has anyone been unsuccessful patching their USB 3 drivers? I know that the 3rd party driver option fixed an issue for me in El Capitan, but does nothing in the newer version of macOS...

Thanks in advance!

Actually, quite the opposite. After initial struggles with Clover, El Capitan and particularly Skylake (when it first came out) I have found the current tools for both clean installation and direct upgrade to be the most reliable I can remember going back to Snow Leopard. I just upgraded this Sandy Bridge system directly with the latest Sierra update (I know its been out for awhile) with no loss of audio or networking and smooth update of the Nvidia drivers.

So Kudos to the brilliant people who create and distribute these awesome tools.

As you are no doubt aware random freezes may be hardware related with the usual villains being power supply or hard drive (not always the boot drive) etc. I dual boot all hacks because even if I use the machine with mostly one OS it helps to see if a problem shows up with either OS. If you do not have too much proprietary software reinstalling may solve issues.

Hey everyone! This is more or less a sanity check.
Has anyone else been having more frequent freezing or kernel panics after they've done a direct upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra on their Hackintosh? And I mean random crashes, like when you're watching a video or doing something that El Capitan was fine with verses Sierra.

Also on a side note, has anyone been unsuccessful patching their USB 3 drivers? I know that the 3rd party driver option fixed an issue for me in El Capitan, but does nothing in the newer version of macOS...

Thanks in advance!

Yes. I am experiencing the same. I think I am going to try a clean install on another hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back