Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
ZOTAC 1070 TI
hi all, before trying to get messy, is airdrop possible on hackintosh with pc ?

also acording to my specs, can i install catalina?

thank you

Yes airdrop works, there is no support for your 1070 though, you would have to use igpu or get an AMD card

Well I’m having troubles with that, I took the gpu of the pc and used the igpu - intel uhd, did as the guide says with making boot and all, getting an error of allocation memory something like that, i tried the options that are given in the forum but no luck

Last edited:
Yeah, that might be a catch-22.. the only way I could get my Z390 to boot reliably was to disable the igpu. Something that might get you past that is using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 but that could also damage your PC longterm I'm told. Maybe someone more knowledgeable then me has a solution for you.

Yeah, that might be a catch-22.. the only way I could get my Z390 to boot reliably was to disable the igpu. Something that might get you past that is using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 but that could also damage your PC longterm I'm told. Maybe someone more knowledgeable then me has a solution for you.
well, id like to try your solution, would you help me disabling it?
i mean, can i use the gpu with my monitor but let mac know that its disabled and use the igpu instead? or i have to take it off the pc again and all?

p.s, how do i use airdrop? ive managed to install high sierra but no luck. when trying to turn on airdrop it says that it doesn't exist, even tried the "unsupported macos airdrop" method but nothing...

edit (macOS Catalina) - managed to get into installation, the process goes almost until the end but than gets stuck on 3/2 Min and mouse is stuck too. Waited 30 min but nothing, any help please?

Last edited:
Well, for anyone who has/will have same issue as mine, when clover Is loaded and your about to choose the Catalina installer, disk, highlight the drive and click “space” on the keyboard , tick “set Nvidia to vesa” & “disable KSLAR” seems like only these tow managed to let me install properly the Catalina on my system spec while my monitor is connected to the GTX1070 ti but of course doesn’t use it as a graphic card? Something like that...
So what is left to do for me is, Airdrop, doesn’t seem to work for me, as I mentioned above, same issue

There are no drivers for the GTX1070 period you won't get full acceleration, better to use the iGPU.
Have a look at this guide for the rest.
That I know, that’s why I wrote the “fix” above...
Also, now I’m getting low res on igpu need to figure that out
Plus I don’t see any airdrop fix , need that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back