Graphics
evga gts 450 1024mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just a question, is a GTS 450 really that unstable in OSX? Combined with a Asus p7p55d-e pro? I've been reading, and it seems to be a mixed bag! Thanks in advance

Hell no it is not!
I have 3 GTS 450 OC versions in different machines and they all work OOB.
I'm having Cinebenc score over 50 fps on my HackPro with i7-2600k running at 4 GHz.
The faster the CPU the faster the card runs.

Ed

Edkroket said:
Hell no it is not!
I'm having Cinebenc score over 50 fps on my HackPro with i7-2600k running at 4 GHz.

Ed

Are you running it in 10.6.8? how? what kexts? , i know that in 10.7.2 works perfect, but i use 10.6.8, i just got one, i love my old 240gt ,but i just got the 450gt and i want it to work as it sholud, thnx!

ar13 said:
Edkroket said:
Hell no it is not!

Ed

Are you running it in 10.6.8? how? what kexts? , i know that in 10.7.2 works perfect, but i use 10.6.8, i just got one, i love my old 240gt ,but i just got the 450gt and i want it to work as it sholud, thnx!

In 10.6.8 it work without Fermifreeze with VLC running in background a small movie.
No special Kext or so just Graphics Enabler in .plist to yes
That's it.

Ed

Edkroket said:
ar13 said:
Edkroket said:
Hell no it is not!

Ed

In 10.6.8 it work without Fermifreeze with VLC running in background a small movie.
No special Kext or so just Graphics Enabler in .plist to yes
That's it.

Ed

You mean VLC running in background.... all the time?....... i try'd to install the drivers/kexts from 10.7.2 to 10.6.8 and it is getting there, but..... lots of weird artifacts and just one monitor [ i use 2 ] so it is not a solution...
Right now i am in only one resolution [ with the original 10.6.8 nvidia drivers ] how can i change the resolution? Thnx !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back