CPU
i7 950
Graphics
XFX Black Series HD6870 1Gb DDR5
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have KP from a Vanilla install, and a patched DSDT made from my DSDT generated under Win 7 and a patch for the Intel DX58SO ... As I did a BIOS upgrade to the latest recently I wanted to know if that could be the cause of KPs, or I can do something else, I can downgrade the motherboard from version 5561, to version 5200 which is the default for my particular motherboard, I got this info from Intel support by giving them the motherboard's serial number. But my question is do I have to do it? Or are any other alternatives, I have my 2Tb HD with a GUID partition table with 500Gb for Lion, 1.2Tb for Data HFS+ and the rest as FAT 32, for windows data.

I have another 2Tb HD with Win 7 32, and several data partitions formatted as NTFS.

That's it.

I was told that the problem might be the size of the Mac OS partition so I reformatted the disk as it is now, but that didn't fix any problems, as before I was having KPs, and I still have them. Someone else told me it could be the BIOS, but I wanted to be sure before doing a downgrade ...

DSDTs are different for different firmware so I am assume it's very likely that's what is causing your KP's. Look around for a DSDT for the newer firmware version and if you can't find it get the newest firmware version you can find and downgrade to that version.

nzalog said:
DSDTs are different for different firmware so I am assume it's very likely that's what is causing your KP's. Look around for a DSDT for the newer firmware version and if you can't find it get the newest firmware version you can find and downgrade to that version.

Yes that's why I used mine extracted with DSDT editor DIRECTLY from Win 7(in my computer) and a patch they use in Orarila. So I am not sure if downgrading will help or not.
If not what else can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back