1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

Last week, I tried to install Sierra since I needed the latest version of iWork. Shouldn't have done it.

It's an Intel NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon, see my signature for details :)

El Capitan was installed per Rehabmans guide, and it has been working very good the last months. I then optimistically upgraded to Sierra, also following Rehabmans general upgrade procedure.

Everything works, except for the screen. It flickers/artefacts really bad, and the GPU is reported as "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 6 MB". System profiler reports "Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded".

20161111_105032.jpg

Video memory in bios is set to 64mb/256mb. I tried different values, but it would only lead to a sudden reboot right before the login screen. I have also tried changing the SMBIOS to iMac 17,1.

My current Clover version is 3911.

Does anyone here have a clue to what might be wrong with this install? Any tips or tricks to try?

I appreciate all the help I can get :D

PS: I have attached a ZIP with my EFI folder and some console outputs.

Hi everyone!

Last week, I tried to install Sierra since I needed the latest version of iWork. Shouldn't have done it.

It's an Intel NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon, see my signature for details :)

El Capitan was installed per Rehabmans guide, and it has been working very good the last months. I then optimistically upgraded to Sierra, also following Rehabmans general upgrade procedure.

Everything works, except for the screen. It flickers/artefacts really bad, and the GPU is reported as "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 6 MB". System profiler reports "Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded".

View attachment 220009

Video memory in bios is set to 64mb/256mb. I tried different values, but it would only lead to a sudden reboot right before the login screen. I have also tried changing the SMBIOS to iMac 17,1.

My current Clover version is 3911.

Does anyone here have a clue to what might be wrong with this install? Any tips or tricks to try?

I appreciate all the help I can get :D

PS: I have attached a ZIP with my EFI folder and some console outputs.
There's no Macs using Iris Pro 580.
But you can try, setting InjectIntel=True and maybe have a ig-platform-id also.

I'm having this problem too. Or at least it's similar. Every so often the screen (totally unpredictably) will go completely blank for a second. Still no solution to this. It appears to only be a problem over DisplayPort and not HDMI.

I am using High Sierra 10.13.1 on my NUC6I7KYK which has Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 and I am typing this post on it now.
It is working great.

It take back my last post, while I am using it, iTunes Movie DRM playback is black screen, the video is there & downloaded it does not play, and it does not stream. I really need to figure this one out.

I am using High Sierra 10.13.1 on my NUC6I7KYK which has Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 and I am typing this post on it now.
It is working great.
It take back my last post, while I am using it, iTunes Movie DRM playback is black screen, the video is there & downloaded it does not play, and it does not stream. I really need to figure this one out.

Did you follow the NUC guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.232743/

For DRM playback you may need to use Shiki.kext (I don't use DRM content, so no experience with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back