1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I got following setup:

OS 10.6.2 (Tony's Install Instruction!)
Gigabyte P55-UD3
ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB Ram

Everything works except Sound (but I use USB speaks) and Wifi (but that's not necessary for now). I can connect every USB device I want, except the iPhone...

When I connect the iPhone, nothing happens. When I connect it and manually open iTunes, the iTunes icon stays bouncing in the dock. When I then disconnect the iPhone, the iTunes window opens and following error occurs:

iTunes could no connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occured (0xE8000065).

When I can't the iPhone it charges normally! My iPod nano works as well, also in iTunes...

It isn't an iPhone issue because when I boot windows 7 it works normally. I also reseted the iPhone to factory, no chance!

Maybe you can help me!

Thanks in advance..

Regards.

Make sure you have the latest bios. I know that sometimes it can cause problems. Remember just be careful updating.

Also, I'm guessing you tried various usb ports and none of them worked, but don't use the 2 usb ports next to the ps2 slot. At least on my ud2 they cause various problems. I defiantly don't know as much as tonymacx86 but, I hope that helps or fixes the problems. :D

It's definitely the bios- before they updated the UD2 bios to F4/F5 everyone was having the same issue with iPhone/iPod touch sync. You'll be cool if you get to the latest bios- they made corrections to the USB detection on these boards.

The price we pay for being ahead of the curve. ;)

ok cool. i found an update to f5 on the website, is that the right one? is it danger to update the bios? should i disconnect all sata drive before updating?

thank you so much!

You don't have to disconnect anything to do the bios upgrade. Just unzip the .exe file in Windows, put the bios file (2mb) on a usb stick, and reboot. Use the Qflash utility to upgrade the bios. Disable CMOS saving when upgrading. This will get rid of all settings. Then reboot and set your bios settings again. You should be good to go.

do i have to disable cmos saving befire booting in qflash

EDIT: iphone is now recognized. i used another usb port at the backside of the computer. before that i used one at the front, maybe some problem there....

thank you! it works now!!

---

ok i successfully updated the bios, but iphone doesn't work ...

now the error 0xE8000001 occures.

any advice? maybe it's something with the power by usb thing the iphone uses?

regards

Should be F5 version located here for the latest bios for the P55-UD3. It should fix the iPhone issue- make sure this is the version you're using.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Moth ... #anchor_os

Also, are you sure your mobo is the P55-UD3, or is it the P55A-UD3? Confusing, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back