Contribute
Register

iPad battery replacement means new iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same as if you had an iPhone. Battery doesn't hold a charge? BAM, new iPhone.

I would much rather get a whole new device instead of some boob try to fix it and mess it up. I won't be getting the first generation one, but after they add some improvements, I'll be all over it.

Wow thats bad. And the same goes for the iPhone? I thought the iPhone was just like any other phone - battery goes bad just get a new battery.

Seems like self service of Apple hardware is no no. The only thing you can replace yourself on the iMac is the RAM. Sometimes I enjoy reading the iMac section over at macrumors. Everyone has their iMac in for service or waiting for a replacement :twisted:

Actually, my PBG4 has been cracked open a number of times... had to change the optic and the hard drive and you can pretty much do everything else with the nice manual provided online... example I am sure you can do that with other macs as well. Sure I wouldn't try anything similar with my iphone for obvious reasons.
In the end, isn't it better to just get a new generation of iphone than wasting money on a new battery?
;)

shamanana said:
Actually, my PBG4 has been cracked open a number of times... had to change the optic and the hard drive and you can pretty much do everything else with the nice manual provided online... example I am sure you can do that with other macs as well. Sure I wouldn't try anything similar with my iphone for obvious reasons.
In the end, isn't it better to just get a new generation of iphone than wasting money on a new battery?
;)

Same- I opened my 12" PowerBook and did a thorough cleaning a few years back with help from iFixit, however it was a beast of a job- the screws are frickin miniscule. There's a really long post somewhere in the MacRumors forums by me if you can find it ;)

Hello..
I am looking forward to purchase a iPad for myself and was wondering about the battery life and its backup. After reading so much about it, I am getting confused. Please help me out to take the wise decision and which company would you recommend me?

u cant do it yourself but if u take it to apple they might be able to do it

Seems like self service of Apple hardware is no no. The only thing you can replace yourself on the iMac is the RAM. Sometimes I enjoy reading the iMac section over at macrumors. Everyone has their iMac in for service or waiting for a replacement
Nahhh.. you can replace the hard drive, dvd drive, glass panel, bluetooth, of an iMac.
You need some torx bit heads though... #8, + very small ones.
I just replace the HD of mine last weekend.
Tutorials plenty on youtube. :D

What worries me is what do they do with the old iPad?
I'm sure, they're not destroying these ipads. They're probably sending them to other countries where labor is cheap, where they replace the battery and repackage it as refurbished. Once the battery is replaced, they have access to your data.

They won't do the battery replacement on US labor. It will be expensive and not profitable for $105. They'll ship your old ipad to asia or somewhere in china (maybe back to foxconn).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back