Graphics
GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'll be receiving an iPad either late this year or early next year from my school. I wanted to know if anyone uses it as a separate monitor to use for graphics programs. I have a Wacom tablet, but not with the screen built in which they sell for a hefty price. I figure I can save money, and have less equipment by utilizing the iPad. I was looking online and "Air Display" lets you use your mobile devices (iPhone/iPad) as a separate monitor. Just wondering if anyone has used this, and what they have to say about it. I'd love to be able to use it as a small drawing tablet that can use high end programs running on my desktop/laptop

You would be just switching your mouse for a touch screen. The Ipad does not have the precision, tilt, and pressure sensitive abilities of a drawing tablet. I used sketchbook pro on both Ipad and android tablet using a stylus and its just frustrating for any kind of detail. Would not recommend as a wacom replacement, but do use the android tablet as a remote for my media center works great for that.

Well I didn't mean to say it would replace a Wacom tablet. I know that a wacom tablet is specifically designed for that stuff. I mostly just want to use the iPad as a separate touch monitor and use a pen to have more precision when drawing/sculpting. I'll have to see how good it is. I mostly want to use it for drawing so I know exactly what it looks like rather than looking up a monitor while moving my hands on the wacom tablet.

I’m an outlier and I know it’s not on your list, but in case you’re interested: I got the XP-PEN Artist 15.6 Digital Art Tablet With Display , mostly due to cost. It was $330 or so and I couldn’t afford the iPad Pro, which is undoubtedly superior. I went with the Artist 15.6 Pro because the work I am doing is all in after effects/premiere/photoshop.

I’m very happy with it but it’s my first tablet so don’t have much to compare it to. I’ve been using it for a year-ish and have had zero problems. I love having programmable buttons as I have pain in my thumb from copy/pasting and other repetitive keyboard commands, so that helps. Easy to set up, easy to customize for each application.

Maybe not for you, but maybe this’ll help someone else on the market for a reasonable graphics tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back