nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have some problem with installing ML on my PC.

Specs:

G550
AsRock P67 Pro3 B3
2x2GB Corsair RAM
Seagate 250GB

I am using USB drive made with Unibeast.

At the beginning of installation I have an error that "IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device". I was trying do it with "the most popular" flags, also in safe mode, but it did not help.

Could I ask someone to help?

I'm having the same problem on my MSI Z77MA-G45.

D'oh! Just found USBBusFix=Yes and it did the trick... so far. Got me into ML setup.

Danyboy, what does npci=0x2000 do? And thanks.

Having the same issue.. Here is a shot from verbos mode

-v -x flags set

The ports seems to always be the same one I plug my USB drive into for the install.

Also noticed that it was reporting that my USB 3.0 hub wasn't getting any power... even though I can plug the flash drive into it and get to the chimera boot screen.

Ideas?

Attachments

• 1206120032.jpg
    1206120032.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 1,763
So "USBBusFix=Yes" worked for me about twice and then I couldn't get UniBeast to boot no matter what I tried. It just kept getting stuck trying to enumerate a device. I moved my keyboard and flash drive to different ports and figure out the problem was with the drive.

I installed UniBeast on an SD card and reader and it worked a treat. I'd been using that flash drive for years without any problems, even up to transferring files around early in the install process. I even booted into ML from the drive a couple times but my system just decided it didn't like it for whatever reason.

Try installing UniBeast on a different drive. I'm going out today and getting an 8GB drive to keep as my permanent UniBeast install drive.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back