Contribute
Register

iOS 11 simulator really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same issue. Since updating to Xcode9 simulator is extremely slow. Whenever I touch anything, I have to "move" the simulator window to see the updated interface.
Were you able to fix this?

Updating to XCode 9.1 fixed the redrawing problem for me, 6S simulator is now usable, but iPhone X simulator still sucks.

Hello everyone, sorry for necro but I'm having similar issue, I recently upgraded Xcode to version 9.2 and follow a guide to make my intel HD 5500 acceleration work, but now all simulators run extremely slow, like painfully unusable slow, freezing whole desktop when performing any action... Also they have a lot of particles and that is a real problem if I want to take screenshots for app uploads
note: this happens when using any 10.x or 11.x simulators

recently installed xcode 9.4.1 on my high sierra
and still same problem, simulator painfully slow,,,,,
thou se, 6, 6s, 6+, 6s+, starts within 3-4 min, but other then that, (7,7+,8,+8,x) never starts,
waited even 1/2 hr, still spinning wheel a nd nothing happens....
and often get springboard unexpected error when simulator is running....
help needed..to start simulator...

Still relevant, simulator is extremely slow

This is issue is still occurring , any suggestions to solve ?

I'm having the same issue. Since updating appvalley to Xcode9 simulator is extremely slow. Whenever I touch anything, I have to "move" the simulator window to see the updated interface.
Were you able to fix this?

Same problem here... If you found a solution for this then let me know...

Regards
Normanj

Last edited:
It was so unusable for me, I refreshed my computer (Full Fresh Install) with latest OS AND only downloaded Xcode so I know nothing else is running to slow things down...still unusable. I guess I'll head over to udemy and start learning about Android development :( I spent about 4 grand on this Mac so I doubt it is the hardware.

It was so unusable for me, I refreshed my computer (Full Fresh Install) with latest OS AND only downloaded Xcode so I know nothing else is running to slow things down...still unusable. I guess I'll head over to udemy and start learning about Android development :( I spent about 4 grand on this Mac so I doubt it is the hardware.
hi
I used Xcode/Simulator on Hackintosh for a long time and I never had the issue(s) as described.
up to 10.13 I used an 1060/8Gb then migrated to 580/8Gb afterward.
The only issue I had was with Xcode 12 which was like frozen at time. I was/am not the only one for that one and few clean up did fix the issue.
Now I do not know if you already moved to 'Android'. If you have not it is not just a simple switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back