Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64
I had to recreate my EFI folder after having some issues with OpenConfigurator. Attempted to create my EFI folder and config.plist following the opencore guild and ProperTree. I got everything to boot, the only issues seemed to be USB ports and no bluetooth. Followed the guide on mapping usb ports using hackintool. Rebooted after creating the USBPorts.kext and updating the config.plist I now have a kernel panic. I am sure I am missing something small right in front of me, but hoping someone else might be able to take a look.

Motherboard:GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

CPU:INTEL I7-9700K

Graphics: Vega 64

WIFI Card: fenvi T919 (BCM94360CD)

Ram: 64GB DDR4 3600

Storage:

Seagate BarraCuda 4TB (ST4000DM004) - Used for Time Machine Backups

SanDisk SSD PLUS 1000GB - Hakintosh HD

KINGSTON SV300S37A240G - Used for filestorage (older files)

Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.4

macOS:11.5

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
5FAA0BA2-F1A7-4EDF-B5D8-EAF0391BC1CE.jpeg
FCD6DE73-714A-4F82-9432-E9F5292ABE7A.jpeg

Still looking for guidance if someone has a suggestion or troubleshooting step.

Still looking for guidance if someone has a suggestion or troubleshooting step.

Hi there.

This is an odd one because panics all seem to be disk related, not USB as far as I can see.

However, as the issue only occurred after you had created a USBPorts.kext I would edit the order of config.plist declaration for the kext so that, like the others the BundlePath is at the top (unlike presently the last line). Follow the same sequence through the declaration as the other kexts. See if that makes a difference.

Otherwise your config looked okay.

Hi there.

This is an odd one because panics all seem to be disk related, not USB as far as I can see.

However, as the issue only occurred after you had created a USBPorts.kext I would edit the order of config.plist declaration for the kext so that, like the others the BundlePath is at the top (unlike presently the last line). Follow the same sequence through the declaration as the other kexts. See if that makes a difference.

Otherwise your config looked okay.
Thanks for the sanity check! I'll give updating the config a go and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back