GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've purchased an audio device which connects to my stereo, so I can use my speakers wirelessly. It's the iPlug BTR from Real Cable.
At first, it worked pretty much correctly and I even noticed this IOGear was apparently using apt-x codec (the main reason I've choosen this iPlug device in fact) But when I used my magic Trackpad, after a few minutes it lost connection and even blocked my trackpad.

So I replaced the IOGear dongle and tried my noname bluetooth. Not much better.

And now I've plugged the IOGear back, it's impossible to pair it again. It shows it's connected, but the iPlug's LED continues to blink (mezning it's not connected) and after a few seconds it goes to "not connected". And the only way to try to reconnect it is to remove the device and re-add it. But it will not pair anymore.

Of course I thought this new device wasn't working properly. But my iPhone and iPad can connect to it flawlessly and never lost connection'

By the way, when I keep "alt" tapped on my keyboard, I noticed the signal was very bad with the audio device (-65 to -72 and 2 to 3 signal bars) My trackpad is around -50. The main obstacle between the audio device and my case is myself in fact.... But there is only 6 feet between them !

My question is, would it be a good solution to use the Creative BT-D1 dongle ( http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Bluetooth-Audio-BTD1-USB-Transmitter/M/B003FVAQM8.htm ) ? It seems like this thing is read by the OS as an audio device and not a bluetooth device. If yes, it should be possible to use it and keep my IOGear dongle for my Magic Trackpad ?

Or can you see a better option to have a better way of making bluetooth work ? My iPhone can send music from 20 feet perfectly, even with myself between it and the device... Why my dongles can't manage to do it ? Could a create a bluetooth module from a bluetooth part coming from a mac that would support apt-x ?

Any help will be much appreciated !

COuldn't find any fix, so I've decided to buy a Create BT-D1 dongle. The sound quality has improved a lot (helped by the apt-x codec) and it's finally pairing :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back