GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Just built my first Hack based on the CustoMac Pro the other week, and it's 99% awesome so far (after a few days of tinkering and breaking and re-fixing it :p)

Specs:

Mobo: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU:
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 670
SSD:
SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD
RAM:
16GB Corsair
OS X: 10.8.2 (latest)

Now, I have purchased an IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle, recommended by a few other threads (http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=65109).

But it simply will not work with my Hack! As far as I have read, it is supposed to work "out of box" with ML, but no luck.

The dongle is recognised as a USB device, the kext is certainly in S/L/E and appears to have loaded based on System Information > Software > Extensions, where "IOBluetoothFamily" appears. The ProductID and vendorIDs appear to be correct within the kext...

I'm at a complete loss as to why it wouldn't be working! Been searching and pulling my hair out for a few days now, trying to avoid more noob posts, but I just can't figure it out.

If anyone could lend a hand I would be very thankful!

And please let me know if more info is needed, I'm not sure what else I need to provide...

Thanks for you time,

- Simon

Hi all,

Just built my first Hack based on the CustoMac Pro the other week, and it's 99% awesome so far (after a few days of tinkering and breaking and re-fixing it :p)

Specs:

Mobo: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU:
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 670
SSD:
SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD
RAM:
16GB Corsair
OS X: 10.8.2 (latest)

Now, I have purchased an IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle, recommended by a few other threads (http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=65109).

But it simply will not work with my Hack! As far as I have read, it is supposed to work "out of box" with ML, but no luck.

The dongle is recognised as a USB device, the kext is certainly in S/L/E and appears to have loaded based on System Information > Software > Extensions, where "IOBluetoothFamily" appears. The ProductID and vendorIDs appear to be correct within the kext...

I'm at a complete loss as to why it wouldn't be working! Been searching and pulling my hair out for a few days now, trying to avoid more noob posts, but I just can't figure it out.

If anyone could lend a hand I would be very thankful!

And please let me know if more info is needed, I'm not sure what else I need to provide...

Thanks for you time,

- Simon

Hi,

I'm using the same Motherboard as you, why not use the Bluetooth that comes with it, it works, I'm using it right now. Just make sure you connect the USB cable and the antennas. It works great for me!!

Resolved: IOGear Bluetooth / kext Issue

EDIT: Resolved. It was simply a caching issue with the kext! Silly silly me, so glad I figured it out :D ... Typed from my wireless keyboard!!

Thanks tonymacx, your guide was invaluable, hopefully if anyone runs across similar issues they'll see this post and know to just clear that darn cache!

- Simon

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.35.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.35.04 AM.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,369
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.35.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.35.21 AM.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.35.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.35.49 AM.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.37.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.37.27 AM.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,271
How do I clear the darn cache?

Just enter -F (or it might be -f can't remember which off the top of my head...) and "UserKernelCache=No" in Chimera bootloader :) so when it hit Chimera with the little Apple icon and the blue bar that runs out, just hit down, or start typing.

Hope that helps!

Just enter -F (or it might be -f can't remember which off the top of my head...) and "UserKernelCache=No" in Chimera bootloader :) so when it hit Chimera with the little Apple icon and the blue bar that runs out, just hit down, or start typing.

Hope that helps!

Simonarai - thanks for the help. I tried clearing the cache, and 1,000 other things, but I cannot get the GBU521 to recognize my Magic Trackpad and Apple Wireless Keyboard. The system recognizes the dongle and all seems fine, but when I go to pair up my devices, it just says "Searching for Bluetooth Devices" and keeps spinning. I have tried everything I can think of and everything I have read on the forum, including clearing the cache as you suggested. Any other ideas? Thanks...

Simonarai - thanks for the help. I tried clearing the cache, and 1,000 other things, but I cannot get the GBU521 to recognize my Magic Trackpad and Apple Wireless Keyboard. The system recognizes the dongle and all seems fine, but when I go to pair up my devices, it just says "Searching for Bluetooth Devices" and keeps spinning. I have tried everything I can think of and everything I have read on the forum, including clearing the cache as you suggested. Any other ideas? Thanks...
same here just bought 4.0 dongle from online and simply it wont recognize my trackpad... if i replace the dongle with my old 2.0 dongle trackpad connects fine but 3 and 4 finger gestures wont work instead it freezes :( please help i spent a lot of money on these dongles and trackpad but none is working really need help :cry::cry:

same here just bought 4.0 dongle from online and simply it wont recognize my trackpad... if i replace the dongle with my old 2.0 dongle trackpad connects fine but 3 and 4 finger gestures wont work instead it freezes :( please help i spent a lot of money on these dongles and trackpad but none is working really need help :cry::cry:

I could not get it working, so I returned it and bought a different brand at MicroCenter. The brand is Zoom. Plugged it in and it worked perfectly. No issues at all. Not sure what the problem was with the IOGear 4.0, but it didn't work for me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back