Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I didn't realize I had this issue until today, but my iogear bluetooth adapter doesn't appear to function well until I unplug and replug it back in after boot. Keyboard won't connect and trackpad goes all wonky, but if I unplug and plug it back in, golden and stable. USB 2 and 3 works great—got two drives plugged into atx case usb3 slots backing up right now.

Any idea what's going on here. Its really not a huge problem, but still kinda strange given that its on the buyer's guide.

Wayne

Is this the GBU521? If so, unfortunately I can't help you, but I will say this. I installed El Capitan with a GBU421 in my hack. I had the 521 lying around so I decided to swap them out. Seemed to work fine, but the 521 would not allow me to type in my password after wake from sleep. (If I used another USB keyboard to enter it, then the Apple keyboard would work great - until the next sleep cycle.) So, my point it, the GBU521 seems wiggy in my experience.

I had issues withe iogear BT adapter. Lots of mouse stuttering and lagging. I don't think it is as compatible as tonymacx86 states. I have had great success with his one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F85ZPIY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Not sure if this problem is your dongle or something more. I had problems when I first upgraded to El Capitan with my BT adapter not connecting at all despite having working USB ports. Only a fresh install solved the issue.

I had issues withe iogear BT adapter. Lots of mouse stuttering and lagging. I don't think it is as compatible as tonymacx86 states. I have had great success with his one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F85ZPIY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Not sure if this problem is your dongle or something more. I had problems when I first upgraded to El Capitan with my BT adapter not connecting at all despite having working USB ports. Only a fresh install solved the issue.

If a fresh install fixed your problem, your real issue may have been that your EFI directory's clover.plist had deteriorated over time and the re-install simply started you with a fresh clover.plist.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeas...list-deteriorates-across-multiple-usages.html

That's happening to me also with a High Sierra fresh install and a IOGEAR USB bluetooth dongle. It is true the USB is connected to a 2.0 USB Hub. I'll try to connect it to the MOBO directly and expose here the results.

Last edited:
any fixes for this? I'm using it with Sierra and can't use the keyboard connected to this dongle when I boot

So I finally found the solution. Seems like the wifi+bluetooth card integrated into the motherboard was causing problems, so I removed the card from the Hackintosh and the dongle started working properly.

^ Hmmm that may make sense, as the only rig in which I'm having this problem features a WiFi / Bluetooth card integrated into the motherboard (z87 UD5-TH).

I had bluetooth running of the integrated card in early OS's (mountain lion - el cap), but moved to the IO Gear Dongle when that situation started to get flaky with the Magic Mouse out of nowhere after running Sierra stable for weeks :/

To fix the IoGear USB 4.0 Bluetooth adapter so it worked without unplug/replug after each reboot, I used two kexts from RehabMan's Broadcom Bluetooth patches at: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram. I added BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to my L/E folder and now Bluetooth is recognized at boot.

Hmm those kexts activated my on-board bluetooth, but I was unable to connect to my devices that way.

Interestingly enough, I found that if I turn off the power supply's switch in the back after shutting down, I would be able to boot up with having all my bluetooth devices recognized.

Also, it makes sense that the situation could be more problematic with builds which feature integrated bluetooth / wifi - as I did not experience any connectivity issues when experimenting with another build w/ next-gen motherboard (z97 UD7 TH), which has no on-board bluetooth / wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back