Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I previously tried installing a patched IOBluetoothFamily.kext which resulted in a kernel panic. Having solved that and updated to High Sierra for compatibility, how do I go about setting this up? The Buyer's Guide indicated this adapter would work out of box, is this indicative of another problem with my installation?

I previously tried installing a patched IOBluetoothFamily.kext which resulted in a kernel panic. Having solved that and updated to High Sierra for compatibility, how do I go about setting this up? The Buyer's Guide indicated this adapter would work out of box, is this indicative of another problem with my installation?
In my case it did work but had to be unplugged and replugged after every reboot. The fix that worked for me is at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lug-plug-back-in-at-boot.188337/#post-1668929
so now my bluetooth devices are recognized automatically and I can put the iogear adapter in a rear usb port and forget about it.

Reactions: htc
Any kexts in L/E should be installed with KextBeast or similar. Not sure they would work in the kexts folder for Clover as I never tried that.

Okay so I installed the kexts in L/E with KextBeast and restarted and it disabled my Nvidia web driver, so I fixed that and restarted again. Still doesn't connect to any Bluetooth devices. My motherboard allegedly has a built in Bluetooth card. Could that be causing a conflict?

Okay so I installed the kexts in L/E with KextBeast and restarted and it disabled my Nvidia web driver, so I fixed that and restarted again. Still doesn't connect to any Bluetooth devices. My motherboard allegedly has a built in Bluetooth card. Could that be causing a conflict?
Possibly. The Asus web site doesn't give any info on what Bluetooth adapter chips are on the mobo. I know that some people who buy mobos with built-in Bluetooth that is unsupported have swapped out the mini-PCIe adapter with one that uses a compatible chip.

The RehabMan kexts are for Broadcom chip systems, and if there are two different ones, things could get confused as real Macs don't have that. I can only suggest looking for others using the same mobo to see if someone has figured it out. Possibly a thread that RehabMan follows could be helpful. Looking at the ioreg might hint at what's going on (IOREgistryExplorer).

Possibly. The Asus web site doesn't give any info on what Bluetooth adapter chips are on the mobo. I know that some people who buy mobos with built-in Bluetooth that is unsupported have swapped out the mini-PCIe adapter with one that uses a compatible chip.

The RehabMan kexts are for Broadcom chip systems, and if there are two different ones, things could get confused as real Macs don't have that. I can only suggest looking for others using the same mobo to see if someone has figured it out. Possibly a thread that RehabMan follows could be helpful. Looking at the ioreg might hint at what's going on (IOREgistryExplorer).

Is there any possibility of using the onboard Asus Bluetooth?

[Edit: I got it working! I just had to disable the onboard Asus Bluetooth in the BIOS and now it works perfectly with zero lag. Thanks for all the help!]

Last edited:
Hi, if you dint faint a solution with the bluetooth and you need only bluetooth in your PC, try to find this bluetooth is "plug and play" (3.50$) in the Ebay or Aliexpress stores, it works great with my High Sierra but don't forgot to select to the "Sharing" the option "Bluetooth Sharing" for your mobile or other devices to sent to your PC,i hop that will help you.
And in a week i will post my review for one PCI wifi and bluetooth card the name of the card is FV-T919 Dual band (45$) the seller said that is plug and play to, will see

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_201742.jpg
    IMG_20190303_201742.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 569
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.50.26.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.50.26.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 652
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.50.48.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.50.48.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 639
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.51.05.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.51.05.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 648
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.51.24.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 22.51.24.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
I have IOGear GBU521 , Simple solution in Mojave 10.14.5 :1. Disable Intel Bluetooth(If you have) ;2.Remove BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from S/L/E and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other ;3.Use Kext Utility to reset the cache/permissions ; -- Perfect working for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back