Contribute
Register

ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate error on Ivy Brigde notebook with Intel HD 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ivy Bridge / Chief River / Panther Point
CPU
Intel i5-3317u
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Hi,

I spent a lot of hours trying to install Mojave on an old Laptop and would be gratefull to get some advice.

The problem that I face now is that after the line:

"ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0 bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0"

the screen goes black and that's it.

I am using the HD4000 1366x768 config.plist from RehabMan's Laptop Booting Guide.

I tried a lot: I removed all other kexts except of FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI and USBInjectAll. I removed all the boot arguments except of -v. I had to remove "slide=0" anyway because with it I ran into "error allocating 0x32aa pages" at the beginning.

I tried another, more simple, clover configuration with which I came to the first phase of the installation. After the first two minutes of copying files the laptop made a reboot with an error message and the second phase gave me the error "macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occured while loading the installer resources". So far I was not able to fix this problem.

Buuuut, with that clover configuration I had the same problem with the "ioconsoleusers ..." error. Here I was able to get around it by injecting Intel FakeID 0x12345678. With the laptop HD 4000 configuration the injection does not help, as I already thought.

Anyone any idea what to do?

The computer is a Wortmann Terra Mobile Ultrabook 1450 II

CPU : Intel i5-3317U
Mainboard : not clear ( Ivy Bridge / Chief River / Panther Point ) (The BIOS has an unusal huge amount of settings available)
RAM : 4 GB PC3 (1 module)
Graphics : integrated Intel HD 4000
Drives : 64 GB mSATA BIWIN SSD + 500 GB Hitachi 5400

Thanks,

Jaroslaw

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • Mojave_error.jpg
    Mojave_error.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

All graphics related size values in the BIOS are set to 128 MB: Aperture size, DVMT Pre-Allocated and DVMT Total Gfx Mem. Only GTT size is set to 2 MB which is the maximum.

Please try this EFI.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
First, thanks for your support.

In your clover config in the kext/Other folder there is a USBInjectAll.kext file and a strange USBINJ~1.KEX folder. Welcome back to the DOS age. ;)

First, I renamed the folder to USBInject.kext and booted. I ran in the same problem as before, but at least the messages prior to the "ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0 bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0" line look different. The picture is attached.

Second, I deleted the USBINJ~1.KEX (actually the file USBInject.kext as I renamed it) with the same result.

Third, I deleted USBInjectAll.kext and renamed USBINJ~1.KEX to USBInjectAll.kext and the result was the same.

Edit:

OK, I did something I should have done already. I connected an external screen via HDMI. And the installations starts on the external screen, after the laptop screen goes black.

But here I run in the problem I already had: "macOS cannot be installed on your computer. An error occured while loading the installation resources." (Translated)

Can I continue here in this thread, shall I change the topic or shall I open a new thread?

What I already did:

- I connected a network cable and added a Realtek kext, but the network connection does not work.
- I changed the date of the computer to May 20th 2019, as it seems like this is a few days after 10.14.5 was released.
- The laptop has a SSD and a HDD. First I disabled the SATA Port to which the HDD is connected, after it didn't help I removed the HDD from the laptop. Right now the HDD is still removed.

- I tried the terminal: changing folder to the USB Install Stick/Content/Resources and then startosinstall --volume /Volumes/MacSSD (MacSSD beeing the internal SSD). After "Preparnig to run macOS Installer.." message goes to 100% the installer restarts the system running again in the "macOS cannot be installed on your computer" error.

- When I do the startosinstall from the "macOS base system" folder I get this error:
Error: Prepare for recovery failed with error code: Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code 207 "(Translated) Could not connect to the recovery server "...

Attachments

• 20191023_104241.jpg
    20191023_104241.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 2019-10-23 10_40_59-Window.png
    2019-10-23 10_40_59-Window.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
First, thanks for your support.

In your clover config in the kext/Other folder there is a USBInjectAll.kext file and a strange USBINJ~1.KEX folder. Welcome back to the DOS age. ;)

First, I renamed the folder to USBInject.kext and booted. I ran in the same problem as before, but at least the messages prior to the "ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 hs 0 bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0" line look different. The picture is attached.

Second, I deleted the USBINJ~1.KEX (actually the file USBInject.kext as I renamed it) with the same result.

Third, I deleted USBInjectAll.kext and renamed USBINJ~1.KEX to USBInjectAll.kext and the result was the same.

Edit:

OK, I did something I should have done already. I connected an external screen via HDMI. And the installations starts on the external screen, after the laptop screen goes black.

But here I run in the problem I already had: "macOS cannot be installed on your computer. An error occured while loading the installation resources." (Translated)

Can I continue here in this thread, shall I change the topic or shall I open a new thread?

What I already did:

- I connected a network cable and added a Realtek kext, but the network connection does not work.
- I changed the date of the computer to May 20th 2019, as it seems like this is a few days after 10.14.5 was released.
- The laptop has a SSD and a HDD. First I disabled the SATA Port to which the HDD is connected, after it didn't help I removed the HDD from the laptop. Right now the HDD is still removed.

- I tried the terminal: changing folder to the USB Install Stick/Content/Resources and then startosinstall --volume /Volumes/MacSSD (MacSSD beeing the internal SSD). After "Preparnig to run macOS Installer.." message goes to 100% the installer restarts the system running again in the "macOS cannot be installed on your computer" error.

- When I do the startosinstall from the "macOS base system" folder I get this error:
Error: Prepare for recovery failed with error code: Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code 207 "(Translated) Could not connect to the recovery server "...

I don't know how the zip file got corrupt. Please try the attached EFI.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 73
I don't know how the zip file got corrupt. Please try the attached EFI.

I started now with the new clover configuration and there is no change to the edit that I made above. I can complete the first step of the installation but after reboot I get the "macOS cannot be installed on your computer" message or the 207 error if I try to install from terminal.

I started now with the new clover configuration and there is no change to the edit that I made above. I can complete the first step of the installation but after reboot I get the "macOS cannot be installed on your computer" message or the 207 error if I try to install from terminal.

Search the forum for "macOS cannot be installed on your computer". Make sure you format your SSD as APFS.

Now I searched the forum, I searched the whole internet but couldn't find a soultion that would help. I will make a new thread for this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

OK, I searched but I didn't read carefully enough. I had to copy the SharedSupport folder from the USB drive to the internal drive (see the post linked below). Now Mojave is installed and I need to fix a lot of other problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back