Motherboard
MSI H110m Gaming
CPU
Intel Core I5-6400
Graphics
Asus Strix RX 470
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, firstly, I am following this guide by Conath: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-skylake-i5-6500.230141/page-3#post-1621502

Secondly, my specs are as follows:
MSI H110M gaming
I5 6400
RX 470

Thirdly, I am getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, am 0x0. My config.plist is the exact one in that guide, my boot arts are darkwake=8 and -v, and I have Tables Dropping>Drop all OEM SSDT off, otherwise it will give me that circle with a cross in it, even with -V. See the pictures for the error thing

I have tried creating a new USB drive, separate HDD, took out a stick of ram, took out GPU, reseated CPU, and tried Dart=0(same result) nv-disable=1(same result)

Please help, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 992
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,040
… I have Tables Dropping>Drop all OEM SSDT off, otherwise it will give me that circle with a cross in it, even with -V. See the pictures for the error thing
Which volume are you booting from? Make sure to select the main macOS volume in Clover, no "PreBooter" (this caused the ∅ for me recently).
As or the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3" error, it seems to be related to GPU drivers or injection. In config.plist you have to set Inject Intel = false and Inject ATI = false (if you have Lilu & WhateverGreen kext installed in other directory)!
I have tried creating a new USB drive, separate HDD, took out a stick of ram, took out GPU, reseated CPU, and tried Dart=0(same result) nv-disable=1(same result)
This is good info, thanks. If my previous suggestions didn’t make it work: Could you please upload the entire Clover directory? (excluding themes folder & redact the SMBIOS part from confit.plist!) I’ll see if I can find something amiss.

Last edited:
Which volume are you booting from? Make sure to select the main macOS volume in Clover, no "PreBooter" (this caused the ∅ for me recently).
As or the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3" error, it seems to be related to GPU drivers or injection. In config.plist you have to set Inject Intel = false and Inject ATI = false (if you have Lilu & WhateverGreen kext installed in other directory)!

This is good info, thanks. If my previous suggestions didn’t make it work: Could you please upload the entire Clover directory? (excluding themes folder & redact the SMBIOS part from confit.plist!) I’ll see if I can find something amiss.
Hi, I'll test this in a second, but inject ATI was enabled, so that is probably it.

Hi, I'll test this in a second, but inject ATI was enabled, so that is probably it.
Ok, so after doing that, it gave a new result, the screen went black. I was able to see the IOConsoleUsers message for a few seconds, before my monsters turning off. Unfortunately, I cannot get the clover folder of my HDD, as I don't know how, but I can get it off of the USB drive, if that is needed.

Edit: and yes, I am booting macOS From MacOS.

Edit2: Should I have inject EDID?

Edit3: I attatched the bootable USB drive's CLOVER folder. I have no clue how to get to my HDD's clover folder. If there is a way, please tell me! Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Ok, so after doing that, it gave a new result, the screen went black. I was able to see the IOConsoleUsers message for a few seconds, before my monsters turning off. Unfortunately, I cannot get the clover folder of my HDD, as I don't know how, but I can get it off of the USB drive, if that is needed.

Edit: and yes, I am booting macOS From MacOS.

Edit2: Should I have inject EDID?

Edit3: I attatched the bootable USB drive's CLOVER folder. I have no clue how to get to my HDD's clover folder. If there is a way, please tell me! Thanks!

Help me please!! :banghead::beachball::banghead::beachball:

Hi

I seem to be in the same boat. Helping out someone with their first hackintosh rig by installing High Sierra. It's an HP Prodesk 400 G4 MT with the following specs:

Processor: Kabylake i5-7500
Chipset: Intel® H270
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 630
Monitor: HP v194 (connected through VGA)

Every time the USB installer gets past the IOConsoleUsers messages the screen goes blank. Tweaked a lot with the config.plist with no luck. Using the latest Clover bootloader Clover_v2.4k_r4297. Already have the latest AppleALC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext along with Lilu.kext. Any help is appreciated. Attaching my config.plist as well as the Clover folder sans the themes.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 277
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 185
Hi

I seem to be in the same boat. Helping out someone with their first hackintosh rig by installing High Sierra. It's an HP Prodesk 400 G4 MT with the following specs:

Processor: Kabylake i5-7500
Chipset: Intel® H270
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 630
Monitor: HP v194 (connected through VGA)

Every time the USB installer gets past the IOConsoleUsers messages the screen goes blank. Tweaked a lot with the config.plist with no luck. Using the latest Clover bootloader Clover_v2.4k_r4297. Already have the latest AppleALC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext along with Lilu.kext. Any help is appreciated. Attaching my config.plist as well as the Clover folder sans the themes.
Glad someone else has the same issue. Except I got past the USB installer, and the OS X download. But nothing past that.

Glad someone else has the same issue. Except I got past the USB installer, and the OS X download. But nothing past that.

• If you could upload the
    • (1) CLOVER folder from your High Sierra USB installer as compressed file to this Forum and the
    • (2) current BIOS options you have selected to boot this USB installer and
    • (3) the most recent Verbose boot screen image showing your boot freeze
I will try to help.

• If you could upload the
    • (1) CLOVER folder from your High Sierra USB installer as compressed file to this Forum and the
    • (2) current BIOS options you have selected to boot this USB installer and
    • (3) the most recent Verbose boot screen image showing your boot freeze
I will try to help.
I already have (1) and (3), and (2) is in the thread I posted :)

Check my previous posts; I am not at home right now!

• I was trying to help find out why you are getting the Verbose boot error seen on your Screen shot uploaded to the post #1
  • To interpret the error, I really need CLOVER contents from your macOSHigh Sierra USB installer which you have uploaded in post Nov 5, 2017 at 6:12 PM #4 and the BIOS Settings especially the ones dealing with the actual Graphics card connected to the Digital port of the Display Monitor at the time this error showed up.
  • Let me say this again: To interpret that Verbose boot error and suggest the next best step, the needed data are (1)Exact BIOS settings dealing with used Graphics card in Digital connection and the (2) CLOVER folder compressed as a file both temporally related to the Boot error. They cannot be all at different times in your system.
  • I re-read your post. I could not find BIOS choices listed in any of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back