Contribute
Register

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I was trying to help find out why you are getting the Verbose boot error seen on your Screen shot uploaded to the post #1
  • To interpret the error, I really need CLOVER contents from your macOSHigh Sierra USB installer which you have uploaded in post Nov 5, 2017 at 6:12 PM #4 and the BIOS Settings especially the ones dealing with the actual Graphics card connected to the Digital port of the Display Monitor at the time this error showed up.
  • Let me say this again: To interpret that Verbose boot error and suggest the next best step, the needed data are (1)Exact BIOS settings dealing with used Graphics card in Digital connection and the (2) CLOVER folder compressed as a file both temporally related to the Boot error. They cannot be all at different times in your system.
  • I re-read your post. I could not find BIOS choices listed in any of your posts.
Ok, I will try once again to follow your instructions!

Bios settings:
  • Graphics device = PEG
  • VT-d = Off
  • Windows 7 installation mode = Off
  • Serial port (Super I/O) = Off
  • EFI Boot = On
  • Secure Boot = Off (if it exists)
  • Fast Boot = Off
  • ErP = Enabled
  • XHCI Handoff = Enabled
And, I am confused on where you say

"temporally related to the Boot error. They cannot be all at different times in your system."

I have the clover folder from my boot USB. I cannot get it from my booting HDD, as A) I dont know how :( and B) It is in a file system windows 10 cannot read from, so I cannot get it from there, only my USB drive, unfortanately.

I have, once again, uploaded my USB drive's clover folder in a compressed format.

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I really appreciate it!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
Ok, I will try once again to follow your instructions!

Bios settings:
  • Graphics device = PEG
  • VT-d = Off
  • Windows 7 installation mode = Off
  • Serial port (Super I/O) = Off
  • EFI Boot = On
  • Secure Boot = Off (if it exists)
  • Fast Boot = Off
  • ErP = Enabled
  • XHCI Handoff = Enabled
And, I am confused on where you say

"temporally related to the Boot error. They cannot be all at different times in your system."

I have the clover folder from my boot USB. I cannot get it from my booting HDD, as A) I dont know how :( and B) It is in a file system windows 10 cannot read from, so I cannot get it from there, only my USB drive, unfortanately.

I have, once again, uploaded my USB drive's clover folder in a compressed format.

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I really appreciate it!

• I looked at your uploaded Clover.
  • I reviewed your BIOS options
  • Thank you for that. I have a better idea of what is going on.
  • Your BIOS options are OK and are setup for your AMD RX 470 PCIE Graphics card
  • The CLOVER folder from USB Installer has some good things and some bad things that can cause boot problem.
  • *****I suggest you insert the USB installer in the Mac or Hack it was created and edit it before using it as an installer disk.
  • Since you could not get the CLOVER from your System disk, your best option is to Re-install macOS high Sierra on that hard disk after formatting the previous hard disk that is not booting.
  • *****Before using the USB installer Edit its CLOVER by:
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD on the Computer (Mac or Hack) you have inserted the USB installer.
  • Mount EFI partition of the USB installer on the desktop
  • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER.
  • Go to/CLOVER/ kexts folder and delete ALL the numbered folders "10.6 to 10.12."
  • Leave only "Other" in CLOVER/kexts
    • Your "Other" folder has the required kexts. It does not need any change for now.
  • Your drivers64UEFI has the required kexts; no change needed
  • Your config.plist has many deficiencies and some real problems to casuse the boot failure.
  • Open config.plist with CCV
  • Go to ACPI menu and open it.
    • Go to "Fixes" section. From the current 1 , uncheck [ ]FixDisplay ; You may keep the other [√] item OK
    • Now click 2 and check [√] the following 11 items:[ √] Fixheaders [√] FixRegions [√]FixADPI [√]DeleteUnused
    • [√]AddPNLF [√ FixS3D] [√]FixACST [√]AddHDMI [√ ]FixWak [√]FixTMR [v]FixRTC
  • In Boot [ √] Verbose (-v) [√]dart=0
  • Kernel and Kext patches [√] Kernel CPU [√] KernelPM []Apple RTC
  • In Rt Variables Change CsrActiveConfig to =0x67
  • In SMBIOS which is currently empty in your uploaded config.plist, make Product Name = MacbookPro14,2
  • System Parameters [ √] Inject System ID Inject Kext [ Yes ]
Save the edited config.plist .

• Boot with that High Sierra USB Installer
  • Reformat Disk and Reinstall .
  • Until you correctly install Multibeast 10.1 on the Hard disk after Installation of High Sierra , it cannot boot properly.
  • If you have questions at that stage where you have to use Multibeast, BEFORE booting that System disk , post your situation at that time and ask for help if needed.

• The CLOVER folder from USB Installer has some good things and some bad things that can cause boot problem.
  • *****I suggest you insert the USB installer in the Mac or Hack it was created and edit it before using it as an installer disk.
  • Since you could not get the CLOVER from your System disk, your best option is to Re-install macOS high Sierra on that hard disk after formatting the previous hard disk that is not booting.
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD on the Computer (Mac or Hack) you have inserted the USB installer.
  • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER.
  • Go to/CLOVER/ kexts folder and delete ALL the numbered folders "10.6 to 10.12."
    • Your "Other" folder has the required kexts. It does not need any change for now.
  • Your config.plist has many deficiencies and some real problems to casuse the boot failure.
    • Go to "Fixes" section. From the current 1 , uncheck [ ]FixDisplay ; You may keep the other [√] item OK
    • Now click 2 and check [√] the following 11 items:[ √] Fixheaders [√] FixRegions [√]FixADPI [√]DeleteUnused
  • In SMBIOS which is currently empty in your uploaded config.plist, make Product Name = MacbookPro14,2

• Until you correctly install Multibeast 10.1 on the Hard disk after Installation of High Sierra , it cannot boot properly.
  • If you have questions at that stage where you have to use Multibeast, BEFORE booting that System disk , post your situation at that time and ask for help if needed.
Wow.

That's a lot of info! Thanks! I will try this the next time I can have access to a hackintosh! :)

• Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER.

Alrighty! I am making this post in Mac OS X high Sierra. Although, it unfortanately, won't boot from the HDD unless I have the USB Installed plugged in, then it will work. Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are able to boot
Alrighty! I am making this post in Mac OS X high Sierra. Although, it unfortanately, won't boot from the HDD unless I have the USB Installed plugged in, then it will work. Thanks!
  • If you could boot from your USB installer and then install the system successfully into your HDD , that USB installer has the Right EFI Folder to boot.
  • If you have already installed multibeast 10.1 on the System HDD and it still needs your USB installer to boot, something has gone wrong in the stage of Multibeast use, most likely in config.plist that was copied into the EFI/CLOVER/ of the HDD.
  • My suggestion at this time is:
    • Boot using the USB installer and then change over to HS.HDD in CBM screen and then to HS Desktop.
    • Once on Desktop. using CCV mount the EFI of your System Disk and then go to its CLOVER make it a compressed file as CLOVERHDD.zip
    • After that similarly mount EFI of the USB installer Disk and upload its CLOVER as a compressed file named CLOVERUSB.zip.
    • Upload both zipped Clover files to the Forum
    • I just want to compare and see what way you can modify your HDD's CLOVER to make your system disk to boot on its own.

If you are able to boot

• If you could boot from your USB installer and then install the system successfully into your HDD , that USB installer has the Right EFI Folder to boot.
  • If you have already installed multibeast 10.1 on the System HDD and it still needs your USB installer to boot, something has gone wrong in the stage of Multibeast use, most likely in config.plist that was copied into the EFI/CLOVER/ of the HDD.
  • My suggestion at this time is:
    • Boot using the USB installer and then change over to HS.HDD in CBM screen and then to HS Desktop.
    • Once on Desktop. using CCV mount the EFI of your System Disk and then go to its CLOVER make it a compressed file as CLOVERHDD.zip
    • After that similarly mount EFI of the USB installer Disk and upload its CLOVER as a compressed file named CLOVERUSB.zip.
    • Upload both zipped Clover files to the Forum
    • I just want to compare and see what way you can modify your HDD's CLOVER to make your system disk to boot on its own.
Hi, here are the two clover folders. Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVERHDD.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 113
  • CLOVERUSB.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
Hi, here are the two clover folders. Thank you!

• I checked both CLOVERs.
  • config.plists OK in both.
  • But CLOVER/kexts/Other from HDD defective.
  • Uploading Edited screenshot of HDD/CLOVER/kexts/Other with annotations.
  • Just mount both EFI as before
  • Open both CLOVERs as before
  • Delete all numbered folders from HDD/CLOVER/kexts
  • Copy contents of USB /CLOVER/Other to HDD/CLOVER/Other
  • Reboot and check.
  • Always upload problem verbose screen shots .

Attachments

• High Sierra HDD_CLOVER_kexts:Other defective. .png
    High Sierra HDD_CLOVER_kexts:Other defective. .png
    109.5 KB · Views: 286
IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG
  • I checked both CLOVERs.
  • config.plists OK in both.
  • But CLOVER/kexts/Other from HDD defective.
  • Uploading Edited screenshot of HDD/CLOVER/kexts/Other with annotations.
  • Just mount both EFI as before
  • Open both CLOVERs as before
  • Delete all numbered folders from HDD/CLOVER/kexts
  • Copy contents of USB /CLOVER/Other to HDD/CLOVER/Other
  • Reboot and check.
  • Always upload problem verbose screen shots .
Hi! That, unfortunately, didn't work. See screenshots for the Verbose boot. After a few seconds, my moniter turns off, and won't go back on again, until I restart. Help appreciated!

View attachment 293092 View attachment 293093
Hi! That, unfortunately, didn't work. See screenshots for the Verbose boot. After a few seconds, my moniter turns off, and won't go back on again, until I restart. Help appreciated!

• At present it is NOT Graphics card the booting problem.
  • Try rebooting after removing from CLOVER/kexts/ Other the 4" FakeSMC-xxxxSensors".. kexts
  • If any "Fixes" from ACPI to be unchecked need to be determined from another Verbose boot image upload from you.

• At present it is NOT Graphics card the booting problem.
  • Try rebooting after removing from CLOVER/kexts/ Other the 4" FakeSMC-xxxxSensors".. kexts
  • If any "Fixes" from ACPI to be unchecked need to be determined from another Verbose boot image upload from you.
I tried without the FakeSMC-xxxxSensors kexts, and the same thing happened, but
what do you mean by

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back