Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4750
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I seem to be in the same boat. Helping out someone with their first hackintosh rig by installing High Sierra. It's an HP Prodesk 400 G4 MT with the following specs:

Processor: Kabylake i5-7500
Chipset: Intel® H270
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 630
Monitor: HP v194 (connected through VGA)

Every time the USB installer gets past the IOConsoleUsers messages the screen goes blank. Tweaked a lot with the config.plist with no luck. Using the latest Clover bootloader Clover_v2.4k_r4297. Already have the latest AppleALC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext along with Lilu.kext. Any help is appreciated. Attaching my config.plist as well as the Clover folder sans the themes.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 289
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 191
Monitor: HP v194 (connected through VGA)
Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).

Hi pilgrim

Thanks for the heads up. Just one more question. Does High Sierra support display port?

Hi pilgrim

Thanks for the heads up. Just one more question. Does High Sierra support display port?
  • All digital connections DVI|HDMI|Display Port are OK for OS X and MacOS.
  • Using a Port converter interface may cause display problems.
  • Direct HDMI to HDMI|DVI to DVI | and DP to DP are OK.

• All digital connections DVI|HDMI|Display Port are OK for OS X and MacOS.
  • Using a Port converter interface may cause display problems.
  • Direct HDMI to HDMI|DVI to DVI | and DP to DP are OK.

Hi cmn699

Much appreciate the help. Just an off-topic question. I understand that you have switched to AMD Radeon 5450 from Radeon 7850 in order to run HS. I am curious, is sleep working well on your build? Because in my office, I run an Intel 2nd gen hackintosh with AMD Radeon 5450. The machine is running smoothly on HS except for the sleep. I could not make the display wake up from sleep. The CPU is up & running but the display remains black. I have already installed whatevergreen.kext but no luck.

Any suggestions? Hope you have some answers.

Hi cmn699

Much appreciate the help. Just an off-topic question. I understand that you have switched to AMD Radeon 5450 from Radeon 7850 in order to run HS. I am curious, is sleep working well on your build? Because in my office, I run an Intel 2nd gen hackintosh with AMD Radeon 5450. The machine is running smoothly on HS except for the sleep. I could not make the display wake up from sleep. The CPU is up & running but the display remains black. I have already installed whatevergreen.kext but no luck.

Any suggestions? Hope you have some answers.

Since I have a number of Desktops with the same GFx and many of them are Powered Off (I use them only to run tests to field questions from the Forum about a problem in that or similar hardware), that has not been an issue that I have checked.

This computer I am answering this now, has "Power Saving" set as Computer to NEVER SLEEP! Display to NEVER SLEEP. This system sleeps only when I go to sleep and I Shut Down the machine!:lol:

I am sure there me be others in this Forum who would have looked at this more critically and hopefully can answer that specific question for you. I'm sorry I was no help to you in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back