Contribute
Register

IOConsoleUsers: gIO ScreenLockState 3 hs 0,...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again, shouldn't I run this on the macOS Catalina that I'm trying to get setup?

@DanTechMedia,

Yes I needed you to run gfxutil on your hackintish system, sorry I thought you where able to boot into your hackintosh from USB installer ... my bad.

If you are not able to boot via your USB installer then it does beg the question how you got MacOS installed ....

Please remove the GTX 950 from the system temporary while we work on the IGPU.

With the GTX card removed are you able to boot into MacOS ?
Try with Inject Intel checked and a fake IGPU id of 0x12345678

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

As the picture shows I am stuck at this line and I’m not sure what else to do. After doing some research on this issue I couldn’t find anything helpful, I’m not sure if it’s due to my hardware?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU: Intel i9 9900K [stock speeds]
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
GPU: NVidia GTX 950
Storage: macOS will be running on a Crucial 1TB SSD.

**Side Note**
I tried to use the iGPU feature on my board but unfortunately my screens goes blank and I can’t see anything. If anyone could offer any tip on how to fix that then I would prefer to use the iGPU.

Thank you
Dan

Is your GTX 950 currently installed or pulled from your system?

Please post your EFI folder?

Is your GTX 950 currently installed or pulled from your system?

Please post your EFI folder?
  • DanTechMedia had complied with all the various data requested of him by different helpers in this Forum and uploaded all the information.
  • Please check the threads : #7 #9 #14 #16 #17
  • Thread #17 has the 'sanitized' version of EFI
Edited to add the Screen shot of annotated EFI _CLOVER File Tree.
1.EFI CLOVER File Tree.png

Last edited:
  • DanTechMedia had complied with all the various data requested of him by different helpers in this Forum and uploaded all the information.
  • Please check the threads : #7 #9 #14 #16 #17
  • Thread #17 has the 'sanitized' version of EFI
Edited to add the Screen shot of annotated EFI _CLOVER File Tree. View attachment 424165

Yeah, first priority is to get macOS booted. Once booted, he can try using the new Clover features to assign PrimaryGPU/SecondaryGPU.

I disabled the aml files and OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi.

Please try this EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI [DTM].zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 79
Yeah, first priority is to get macOS booted. Once booted, he can try using the new Clover features to assign PrimaryGPU/SecondaryGPU.

That was the plan in my posts and I needed data both from the used BIOS Screen shots and CLOVER to help .

I had noted that the posted CLOVER had the ACPI Patch from some extraneous source unrelated to this board but I did not want to meddle with an ongoing troubleshoot from a Moderator with a different take on the steps for this boot failure during installation.

I bowed out but was still willing to help later without causing any conflicts with an ongoing troubleshoot.

Yes I needed you to run gfxutil on your hackintish system, sorry I thought you where able to boot into your hackintosh from USB installer ... my bad.

If you are not able to boot via your USB installer then it does beg the question how you got MacOS installed ....

Please remove the GTX 950 from the system temporary while we work on the IGPU.

With the GTX card removed are you able to boot into MacOS ?
Try with Inject Intel checked and a fake IGPU id of 0x12345678

Cheers
Jay
No worries, I was just confused as to why I couldn't figure it out :banghead:
Thank you for clarifying!

Inject Intel was checked and also had the correct fake IGPU id of 0x12345678
Thank you again for taking the time to help me, I do appreciate it.

Thank you very much for helping me! I've tried your version of the EFI folder and I'm just baffled. I couldn't get it to work at all. But again thank you, its much appreciated.

@jaymonkey @pastrychef @cmn699

I sincerely & genuinely thank each and everyone of you for all of your efforts!! I truly appeciate you all taking the time to look over my issue and help me out.

So after all that my last resort was to just start from square one again.

- I used Disk Utility to format the disk.
- Installed Catalina Public Beta 6 (using the Terminal - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/macOS)
* Replace "macOS" with the name of your USB if its different
- Installed Clover Bootloader v2.5k_r5058 on USB
- Reapplied all the kexts & Drivers. - SEE SCREENSHOTS for EXACT files.
* I also added my [WORKING] EFI folder to this post. Hopefully it will help other people in the future.

Finally after all of that I was now able to actually log on to my physical SSD with macOS Catalina Public Beta 6!
I have absolutely no clue why it worked this time and not before, its possible maybe some files may of gotten corrupted but who knows...:think:
I'm just really glad to see it finally working!

@pastrychef
I have now put my old 2080Ti back into SLOT 1 of my PCIE Slots. There's no need for me to still use the GTX 950 any more since macOS Catalina works on the IGPU. I will still be using this PC for dual boot. It seems to be working fine on the IGPU so far. There is still power running to the 2080Ti so I will use the guide that @jaymonkey suggested to disable power to the 2080Ti when in macOS.
For now it works ok on the IGPU.

There is some minor issues however..

1. Sleep does NOT work.
2. Since its now running on the IGPU, (with the 2080Ti in PCIE 0 - For Dual Boot) is there any drivers for the Intel UHD Graphics 630 to help with the fluidity/functionality throughout macOS?
***There is some lag it seems like. More like FPS lag probably due to using the IGPU, I know its not a 2080Ti but shouldnt it be atleast 30-60fps? It's pretty bad now.

Thank you again to everyone for your help!
Dan

Attachments

• BB864404-A41A-4FB6-A132-DF2D3C65F4C1.png
    BB864404-A41A-4FB6-A132-DF2D3C65F4C1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • 5D100C4A-E5B6-4687-B235-7314B37FC409.png
    5D100C4A-E5B6-4687-B235-7314B37FC409.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
  • EFI DTM.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
No worries, I was just confused as to why I couldn't figure it out :banghead:
Thank you for clarifying!

Inject Intel was checked and also had the correct fake IGPU id of 0x12345678
Thank you again for taking the time to help me, I do appreciate it.

Thank you very much for helping me! I've tried your version of the EFI folder and I'm just baffled. I couldn't get it to work at all. But again thank you, its much appreciated.

@jaymonkey @pastrychef @cmn699

I sincerely & genuinely thank each and everyone of you for all of your efforts!! I truly appeciate you all taking the time to look over my issue and help me out.

So after all that my last resort was to just start from square one again.

- I used Disk Utility to format the disk.
- Installed Catalina Public Beta 6 (using the Terminal - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/macOS)
* Replace "macOS" with the name of your USB if its different
- Installed Clover Bootloader v2.5k_r5058 on USB
- Reapplied all the kexts & Drivers. - SEE SCREENSHOTS for EXACT files.
* I also added my [WORKING] EFI folder to this post. Hopefully it will help other people in the future.

Finally after all of that I was now able to actually log on to my physical SSD with macOS Catalina Public Beta 6!
I have absolutely no clue why it worked this time and not before, its possible maybe some files may of gotten corrupted but who knows...:think:
I'm just really glad to see it finally working!

@pastrychef
I have now put my old 2080Ti back into SLOT 1 of my PCIE Slots. There's no need for me to still use the GTX 950 any more since macOS Catalina works on the IGPU. I will still be using this PC for dual boot. It seems to be working fine on the IGPU so far. There is still power running to the 2080Ti so I will use the guide that @jaymonkey suggested to disable power to the 2080Ti when in macOS.
For now it works ok on the IGPU.

There is some minor issues however..

1. Sleep does NOT work.
2. Since its now running on the IGPU, (with the 2080Ti in PCIE 0 - For Dual Boot) is there any drivers for the Intel UHD Graphics 630 to help with the fluidity/functionality throughout macOS?
***There is some lag it seems like. More like FPS lag probably due to using the IGPU, I know its not a 2080Ti but shouldnt it be atleast 30-60fps? It's pretty bad now.

Thank you again to everyone for your help!
Dan

1. A lot of things need to be working before you have any hope of sleep working, including CPU power management, GPU power management, working NVRAM/emulated NVRAM, proper USB configuration.
  2. You have no acceleration because you are using non-existent ig-platform-id and device-id for for your UHD 630.

• What is your SSDT-DTPG.aml for? What's it doing? Where did you get it?
  • How consistent is your booting? Does it boot in to macOS on every reboot?
  • Why are you using NoVPAjpeg? Are you intending to disable hardware decoding on your IGPU?
  • I wouldn't try using iMacPro1,1 system definition. You have neither a Xeon or a dGPU and are just using IGPU. Nothing about your configuration remotely resembles an iMacPro1,1. I'd suggest iMac18,1.

Please try with this config.plist.

Also, try to see if you can boot with the GTX 2080 powered so that you can find out its PCI path. Leaving the power connectors disconnected is a horrible long term solution.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back