Contribute
Register

IOConsoleUsers: gIO ScreenLockState 3 hs 0,...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the great detailed info, however it still doesn’t work.

I tried everything in that order and still no luck. I did happen to see some different lines right before ScreenLockState 3. [See Attached Photos]

Thank you
Dan
Did you already complete the Tutorial linked by jaymonkey?

Did you already complete the Tutorial linked by @jaymonkey?
I have been trying to look over it for some time now. Don't I need to be able to get into macOS Catalina and do this within the OS? I don't see of any way to "extract" the DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml files along with the others needed without running the terminal within the Catalina macOS?

Please let me know if I missed something, I feel as if I did. I'm just not sure at this point lol

Thank you
Dan

I have been trying to look over it for some time now. Don't I need to be able to get into macOS Catalina and do this within the OS? I don't see of any way to "extract" the DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml files along with the others needed without running the terminal within the Catalina macOS?

Please let me know if I missed something, I feel as if I did. I'm just not sure at this point lol

Thank you
Dan

• I will leave it to jaymonkey to answer your question and walk you through.
  • If you are not getting any help, I will try my best later , if you can upload the CLOVER folder from the failing boot disk using steps ->#4 and your BIOS screen shots (using the bulleted steps ->#33
  • The above two are needed for me to get a bearing of your current booting environment and to correlate what is seen on the Verbose Boot screen you have uploaded.

• I will leave it to @jaymonkey to answer your question and walk you through.
  • If you are not getting any help, I will try my best later , if you can upload the CLOVER folder from the failing boot disk using steps ->#4 and your BIOS screen shots (using the bulleted steps ->#33
  • The above two are needed for me to get a bearing of your current booting environment and to correlate what is seen on the Verbose Boot screen you have uploaded.
Thank you, I very much appreciate you taking the time to look over this.

I have the Screen Shots & CLOVER folder ready to send over.

What do I need to remove from my config.plist so that my S.N. & other sensitive info is not shared?

Thank you,
Dan

Once GTX 950 is disabled in MacOS, you need to configure your IGPU using the method detailed in the guide above ..

If you have supported ports on your monitor you can connect both the IGPU and the GTX 950 via multiple cables.
MacOS will use the IGPU (with the GTX 950 disabled)
Windows or Linux will use the GTX 950 (with the IGPU disabled)

If MacOS is your primary OS then consider replacing the GTX 950 with a AMD GPU which will simplify your configuration and result in better MacOS performance for graphics and/or compute tasks.

Cheers
Jay
Jay,

Thank you for all the info, I've looked it over many many times and even tried to attempt it several times, however I get stuck when I need to disassemble the native files. I have MaciASL installed but I'm honestly a bit lost as to where/how I can disassemble the native files through the terminal when I can't get onto that specific macOS?

I'm still stuck at the ScreenLockState 3 spot. I'm not sure if I missed something in that document but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Dan

Thank you, I very much appreciate you taking the time to look over this.

I have the Screen Shots & CLOVER folder ready to send over.

What do I need to remove from my config.plist so that my S.N. & other sensitive info is not shared?

Thank you,
Dan
  • Sensitive information about your System is in config.plist _SMBIOS
  • Make a Copy of your config.plist and then edit and delete the items shown on the image and then add that edited config.plist copy to the CLOVER you will be zipping to upload.
  • For installation troubleshoot the only data needed from, SMBIOS is your Product Model; all other things can be blacked out(omitted)
  • I would respond only if you need help after the current troubleshoot you have already started under the guidance of @jaymonkey

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    1.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Sensitive information about your System is in config.plist _SMBIOS
  • Make a Copy of your config.plist and then edit and delete the items shown on the image and then add that edited config.plist copy to the CLOVER you will be zipping to upload.
  • For installation troubleshoot the only data needed from, SMBIOS is your Product Model; all other things can be blacked out(omitted)
  • I would respond only if you need help after the current troubleshoot you have already started under the guidance of @jaymonkey
Not a problem, I've uploaded my CLOVER folder. Maybe it will be of some help to @jaymonkey as well.

Thank you everyone for all the help!
Dan

Attachments

• EFI [DTM].zip
    20 MB · Views: 80
@DanTechMedia,

I disassembled your ACPI files but it seems that your SSDT tables do not provide a _OFF method for the dGPU .
So we need to find the PCI device path of your dGPU using a different method.

Please download and unzip the attached utility, then run it by double clicking on "gfxutil" in finder.
Copy and paste the output into a new post.

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• gfxutil.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 85
@DanTechMedia,

I disassembled your ACPI files but it seems that your SSDT tables do not provide a _OFF method for the dGPU .
So we need to find the PCI device path of your dGPU using a different method.

Please download and unzip the attached utility, then run it by double clicking on "gfxutil" in finder.
Copy and paste the output into a new post.

Cheers
Jay
@jaymonkey

Thank you for looking over those files for me and disassembling those for me.

As per your request, I've ran the "gfxutil" and i've pasted it below.

Last login: Sat Aug 31 21:49:18 on console

/Users/DTM/Downloads/gfxutil ; exit;

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

Dans-MacBook-Pro:~ DTM$ /Users/DTM/Downloads/gfxutil ; exit;

PCI0.P0P2 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)

PCI0.MCHC = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PCI0.IGPU = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

PCI0.XHC1 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)

PCI0.pci8086,1e3a = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x16,0x0)

PCI0.EHC2 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x0)

PCI0.HDEF = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)

PCI0.RP01 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)

PCI0.RP02 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)

PCI0.RP03 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PCI0.EHC1 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x0)

PCI0.LPCB = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x0)

PCI0.SATA = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x2)

PCI0.RP02.ARPT = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PCI0.RP01.GIGE = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PCI0.SBUS = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)

PCI0.RP01.SDXC = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)

PCI0.RP03.FRWR = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB.DSB0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB.DSB1 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB.DSB2 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x4,0x0)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB.DSB4 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x6,0x0)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB.DSB3 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x5,0x0)

PCI0.P0P2.UPSB.DSB0.NHI0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...38 completed.

But again, shouldn't I run this on the macOS Catalina that I'm trying to get setup? This was run off the terminal on my MacBook Pro, I am still currently stuck at ScreenLockState 3 so I can't even login to that macOS due to that ScreenLockState issue.

Thank you
Dan

@jaymonkey

Thank you for looking over those files for me and disassembling those for me.

As per your request, I've ran the "gfxutil" and i've pasted it below.

But again, shouldn't I run this on the macOS Catalina that I'm trying to get setup? This was run off the terminal on my MacBook Pro, I am still currently stuck at ScreenLockState 3 so I can't even login to that macOS due to that ScreenLockState issue.

Thank you
Dan
Excellent question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back